A New Plan: Eight

The pen shook vigorously in Brett's hand. He dropped it in sheer fright of the idea that it might explode. (Y/N) and him both tried their best to take cover in the small room that they were in.

There was indeed an explosion, but not the explosion they both believed it was going to be. The pen hissed a gurgled on the floor, pink and sticky; it spewed heavy gulps of pink goo, covering The thin shady walls. It clung on (Y/N) 's arm and pinned her to the wall, as well as engulfing Brett from toe to shoulders.
.
.
A bit had gotten on Walter as well; parts stuck to his tied legs, nothing that he can't get out of though.

"Settings to wristwatch!" Walter huffed out, hoping the pen wasn't clicked off when it dropped.

"Wristwatch activated. Walter Beckett, " the pen responded. Through the ropes of his wrists, there was a dim light.

He tried his best to turn his watch hand away from the rest of him. "Set action to melt away, " he coughed.

"Ready," it said.
.
.
(Y/N) pulled at her arm, stunned and startled. She was struggling to set herself free and panic surged through her mind; her breathing was heavy and uncontrolled.

"Hey, just relax. I-if you keep pulling like that you'll tear your whole arm off, " she heard Walter say.

She cocked her head around to see him slowly stand up from his knees; he had somehow set himself free. Brett seemed to have given up on his struggling and just hung hopelessly on the wall.

"You need to apply intense heat or wait a couple of hours. Gravity will do its thing, " he told them while seizing the pen on the floor as well as gathering everything from his bag.

"You can't run from them Walter, trust me, you may have a chance to stay alive. You're just making it harder," (Y/N) said in a bitter tone.

"And risk the whole city being blown up? I rather it be me than thousands. . . shield on, "

"Shield is on."
.
.
Walter gathered himself; pulling the straps onto his tense shoulders and burning the pink stuff off with his wristwatch.

"I'm really sorry about the goo," he apologized before he took his leave. Leaving them in the grips of the horrendous pink monster. But without Walter even knowing, (Y/N) had stolen something of his; hidden under the hand that the monster had swallowed.

============

Lance was rarely uneased by anything, he was always calm and collected. Over the years though, he swore if he ever had a heart attack, it would be because of Walter Beckett.

He knew something was wrong and so did Lovey. Him and his flock perched on top of a high window in the club. The music and lights were horrific, but he loved this type of party. Of course, Minus the girls grinding up against the guys half-naked, the strong smell of weed, and the unidentifiable sticky liquid that glistened on the floor.

"You don't see him?" Lovey asked worriedly.

"No. Best not go down there though. The city folk are not very fond of us. Walter do you call?"

"WOOooO I like this place!" Jeff exclaimed loudly. "It's like a church, but like. Next level. "

"What the hell kinda churches have you gone to?" Lance looked almost scared.

"The one with the cross."

"CROSS CROSS, " Isaac yelled.