Chapter 5: Fix the Road

- Front of Radiator Springs' Court -

Doc: This here is Bessie, finest Road-Paving Machine ever built

"Oh, it was just a road paver..." Kevin was a bit embarrassed when he was wrong. "I'm hereby sentencing you to community service. You're gonna fix the road under my supervision." Doc talks to Lightning. "What?! This place is crazy!" Lightning is embarrassing. "Hey, I know this may be a bedtime right now, but you owe me $32,000 in legal fees." "What?" Mater whispers to Lightning.

"So, we're gonna hitch you up to sweet Bessie, and you're gonna pull her nice." Doc talks to Lightning. "You're gotta be kidding me!" Lightning said it was ridiculous. "That's no choice about it, you've got to be punished because you've had an accident." Robin refutes "You start there where the road begins, you finish down there where the road ends." When the doc pointed in the direction of the road, the road was completely terribly damaged.

" When the doc pointed in the direction of the road, the road was completely terribly damaged

"HOLY SHOOT!!!" The Mater shouts. "Oh my god!" Kevin was also embarrassed. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! How long is this gonna take?!" Lightning asks the Doc. "Well, fella does it right, should take him about 5-days." Doc answered. "5-days?! But I should be in California schmoozing Dinoco right now!" Lightning was surprised. "Then if I were you, I'd quit yapping and start working! Hook him up, Mater." Doc talks to Mater. "Okay-dokey." Mater tries to break the shackles of Lightning. "Uh... shouldn't you hooked Bessie to Lightning first and then boot off?" Kevin judges.

After boot was released, Lightning left at a tremendous speed. "FREEDOM!" Lightning shouts, Mater and Kevin are embarrassed, and Doc and Robin frowned at Mater. "Maybe I should've-a hooked him up to Bessie... and then-a... then took the boot off..." "You should have done so as he said..." Robin leans over Mater. "Sorry..." The Mater apologizes. "Robin, don't say that." Kevin asked Robin.

- Route 66 -

"WHOO-HOO!" Meanwhile, Lightning is trying to exit the national highway at a tremendous speed. "Good bye, Radiator Springs, and goodbye, Bessie! California, here I come! Yeah" Lightning is exciting. "Oh, fell that wind! Yes!" However, suddenly slowing down, Lightning is embarrassed. "No, no, no, no! Outta gas? How can I be outta gas?!" When Lightning was near the town sign, Sheriff, Sally and Lena were there.

"Boy, we ain't as dumb as you think we are?" Sheriff talks. "If you underestimate us, you know you pay dearly?" Lena replies. "But, but, but how did...? How did--? You--?" Lightning asks Sally. "We siphoned your gas while you were passed out. KA-CHOW!" Sally answers and lightens up with her side mirror. Then Lightning frowns.

- Radiator Springs -

Sheriff stands at Flo's V8 Cafe.

Sheriff: Gentleman.

Sarge: Sheriff.

Fillmore: Hey, Sheriff.

In Luigi's Casa Della Tires, Luigi and Guido chat about the seat of the tire.

Luigi: Why the tires are here?

Guido: (Italian) They have always been here.

Luigi: They were better well before.

Guido: (Italian) You're always talking.

Luigi: Guido!

Lizzie speaks out for Red.

Lizzie: Red, can you move over? I want to get look at that sexy hot rod.

Kevin, Robin, and Lena chat with each other in a cafe.

Lena: Would it be more confusing if you two swapped clothes?

Kevin: Hmm ... well, it is?

Robin: Not really...

And the Mater chats by lightning. Lightning paves the road by pushing Bessie. And I hear some noise and... "POP!" As the asphalt exploded, Lightning's sticker was buried in the asphalt. "Aw, man, that's just great!" Lightning is annoying "Hey, what's wrong?" Mater asks he's the problem. "My lucky sticker's all dirty." Lightning replied. "That ain't nothing, I'll clean it for you!" When the Mater talks, he then snores and tries to spit it out, "No, no, no! That wouldn't be necessary." Lightning is disgusted and tells him to stop. And when Lightning sees Red watering the pot, he talks to Red.

"Hey! Hey, big fella! Yeah, you in the red!" As Lightning speaks, Red gets embarrassed. "I could use a little hose down. Help me wash this off." Lightning asks, but Red picks up the pot and avoids it.

"What, where's he going?" Lightning asks. "Oh, he's still a little bit shy, and he hates you for killn' his flowers." Mater replied. "I shouldn't have to put up with this! I'm a precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics!" Lightning expresses dissatisfaction. "You hurt your what?" Mater is bewildered. "I'm a very famous race car!" Lightning screams. Luigi and Guido hear Lightning scream. do.

Luigi: You are a famous race car? A real race car?!

Lightning: Yes, I'm a real race car. What do you think? Look at me.

Luigi: I have followed racing my entire life of my whole life!

Lightning: Then you know who I am. I'm Lightning McQueen.

Luigi: Lightning McQueen?! (excited)

Lightning: YES! YES!

Luigi: I must scream it to the world! My excitement from the top of someplace very high! Do you know many Ferraris?

Lightning: No, no, no. They race on the European circuit. I'm in the Piston Cup!

Then Luigi and Guido frown. "What?" Lightning asks. "Luigi follow only the Ferraris." Then, when they entered the store, Lightning became depressed.

Oh, but he can fix the road well? 😕