Chapter 25: Lost Puzzle Pieces

-Hospital-

Inside the hospital, Robin is worried about Kevin by walking around in front of the operating room door. And Lightning, Mater, Luigi, Fillmore, Sarge, and Doc also joined the hospital and met Robin.

"Robin, what happened to Kevin?" Lightning asks when he is worried. "That's one bullet stuck close to the heart. It's half the odds of being able to live or not." When Robin answered so, everyone was astonished. "Robin, is Lena better than that?" Doc asks. "Fortunately, there was no injury, but the consciousness has not returned yet, and the room is over there." Robin replied and let him know where the room was, Luigi and Guido, go first and go to the room.

"So, what happened to the investigation?" Asks Robin. "The police checked who had the gunshot residue, but they all didn't have." Sarge replied, "Nobody?" Robin was embarrassed. "Maybe, the killer may have run away." Lightning thinks.

"But why did they go alleyway?" Mater asks. "Because Kevin was a little stifling, I went out to cheat with Lena... If I had turned down then..." Robin is bitten and blamed. "Robin, you don't blame yourself. It's not your fault." Lightning comforts Robin. "But there's no guiltless Kevin and poor Lena, but..." Robin is still depressed. At this time, Luigi is in a hurry to come here.

"Guys! She has big trouble!!" Luigi urges. "What about her?" Mater asks. "Her consciousness is back, but I think it's strange!" When Luigi said that, everyone was gasped. Then everyone goes to Lena's room.

-Lena's Room-

Robin quickly opens the room door and enters the room first. "Lena!" Robin screams. Inside the hospital room, Lena sits on the bed, Guido helps her, and there are doctors and nurses in the hospital. And there is a red spider lily flower pot on the desk. "Are you okay?" Asks Robin. And Lena sees him, "Who... who are you...?"

When Lena said that, everyone was in shock. "L-Lena..." Robin was embarrassed. "(Italian) She doesn't even remember who we are, nor even her name." Guido says. "Guido said, she doesn't remember us and her name." Luigi interprets. "No way..." Robin is devastated. "I'll take a look." Doc looks at Lena and approaches her.

Doc: Don't you know who you are?

Lena: (nodding head)

Doc: Then, do you remember what happened today?

Lena: No...

Doc: Where is the capital of the United States?

Lena: Washington...

Doc: What answer is 5 × 8?

Lena: 40...

Doc: Then how can use this ballpoint pen?

Then Doc gives the pen to her, and Lena is correct in holding the pen and pressing the pen cap with her thumb.

-Meeting room-

And the diagnosis result came out,

"Amnesia?" Lightning says.

"Yeah, it's one of the memory disorders that couldn't be remembered before the damage occurred, due to sudden illness or trauma." Doc explains.

"As far as I'm concerned, Lena seems to have seen Kevin's gunshot right next to him and was emotionally shocked." Doc explains.

"So, she can the memory come back?" Asks Robin. "I can't guarantee anything right now, but she still has the knowledge necessary for everyday life, so I should be glad." Doc says to be relieved. "So, normal life is possible?" Lightning asks. "Yes, she has to stay in the hospital for a few days, so she has to watch the condition more." Doc explains.

'But Lena was shocked because she saw Kevin, who had been very close to him, shot in front of her.' Robin thinks. 'And, if the memory loss is enough, is there something else...? Something shocking enough to break Lena's mind... 'Robin worries. At this time, Luigi and Sarge open and enter the meeting room.

"His surgery just finished. The bullet that had been stuck was safely removed, but the doctor said that it was not yet a safe situation." When Luigi talked, Robin and Lightning were gasped. "Okay... thanks..." Lightning speaks in a low voice. "By the way, what happened to the flashlight that was off the street?" Asks Robin. "CSI found out, and Lena's fingerprints were on the handle of the flashlight." When Sarge replied, Robin, Lightning, Doc, Guido, and Fillmore were in shock. "In the survey, they thought Kevin was probably holding a flashlight, but it was actually Lena." Sarge explains.

"Then, Lena might think Kevin was shot because of herself." Doc thinks so. "So, because of that shock, did she lose her memory?" Lightning thinks so. 'Lena...' Robin worried about her.

-The next morning-

-Operating room-

In the operating room, Lena scans her brain with MRI.

-The garden outside the hospital-

And after the scan, outside the hospital, Jeff and Lewis came first to visit her. "I'm Jeff Gorvette, and he's my best friend Lewis Hamilton. We're all McQueen's friends, and we're so worried about you." Jeff explains to Lena. "Thanks. Sorry, but, I don't remember who you are." Lena said. "Really? I can't believe it." Lewis was embarrassed.

"Huh? You guys were here." At this time, Shu came to visit her because she was worried. "Oh, Shu, you are here too." Lightning is pleased with Shu. "I'm Shu Todoroki. You really don't remember?" Lena nods when Shu asks. "Once Doc said, she should stay in the hospital for a few days." Lightning explains. At this point, when someone sneaks them from behind the tree, Shu feels and looks back. "What wrong?" Jeff asks. "It seemed like someone was spying on us a while ago." Shu replied. "What?" When Robin embarrassed, he looks around, but there is no one. "Maybe just imagination." Shu looks back. But Robin feels uneasy.

"Ciao. Everyone" At this time, they heard Italian greetings, Francesco, Raoul, Miguel, and Nigel, they came to visit. "What is this, are you late for a formula car topic?" Robin frowns and is apathetic to Francesco. "Well, Francesco overslept ... Wait, why are you asking that question ?!" At this time, Francesco is embarrassed, to tell the truth, and he is angry that he has noticed it. Then everyone laughs, except Francesco.

"Sorry, aren't we late?" And Carla, Rip, and Max are all here. "It's coming a lot." Lena was embarrassed. "I heard your news and ran right away. Are you okay now?" When Nigel asked, Lena nodded. "But who are you guys?" Lena asks. "We are all Kevin's friends." Rip tells everyone that he's a friend. "Kevin...? Huh...?" At this point, Lena hears his name and comes up with it. "Do you remember who it is ?!" Robin is puzzled by Lena's expression and asks, and the racers are also curious. She said, "No... I don't know..." "Oh... Okay..." When Robin misses, the racers also miss.

Poor Lena... She had Amnesia... 😭
I hope that somehow the memory will come back soon... 😔