Chapter 27: Bonjour, Paris!

-France Paris-

And they arrived in Paris, the capital of France. Many of the riders drive along the Champs Elysees, and Finn and Holley go in quickly when the gap is visible. And human friends are in Finn.

Then, take a short break near the Eiffel Tower. Robin pulls out his smartphone and shows them the picture. "This is my first time in London with him." Robin explains by showing the twin brothers and sisters a picture taken with the Big Ben. "They look very happy." When Xross interested, Robin sees the picture, he misses that time. "Oh, it's okay. I will remember someday." Lena is worried about Robin.

-Street-

And Finn, Holley, Xross, Robin and Lena chat with each other on dirty streets.

Finn: Once we're inside, stay close. Don't bother checking VIN numbers for criminal records, they're all dodgy here.

Holley: No VIN scans. Got it.

Finn: Don't talk to anyone. Don't look at anyone. And absolutely, positively no idling. Are we clear?

Holley: Yes, right. No idling. Yes, sir.

"By the way, where are we going now?" Lena asks. "To the store." Xross answered. "But, we're not going to shopping." But suppose Finn doesn't mean that, "What does that mean?" Lena doesn't know what that means. "He means just looking around." Robin explains. "Aha." Lena understands.

And in front of the market, many used cars open a flea market and show various used goods

"Wow, there are so many." Lena is curious. "It's a flea market to sell used goods like this." Robin is also curious.

-In the market-

And inside the market, as Finn goes around the corner, when he finds something in front of him, he immediately hides it, and Holley, Xross, and the two siblings hide together. And Finn uses a side-view mirror to illuminate the three-wheeled car Tomber. "Is that guy?" Xross is talking to Finn. "Yes, that's him." Finn says so. At this time, when the tray wheel suddenly falls and makes a sound, Tomber sees where the sound comes from, and when he sees Finn on the wheel cap, eventually he flees quickly, Finn, Holly, and Xross chase him. "Hey, wait!" Robin screams out.

On the way, Tomber hits a wooden pole to break down the shop's planks, and Finn and Xross climb up the fallen planks and keep chasing them. When Holley sees the collapsed planks and she embarrassed, let's go the other way, and the two siblings follow Holley. And as she crossed the road to Tomber, he panicked and suddenly braked, eventually losing balance and rolling over, crashing into the tires of the tire shop. And when Holly paralyzes him with an electric shock, Finn and Xross stop.

"Have you lost your mind?!" Finn gets angry. "But I thought--"

"Xross! This chaps need to tow. Hook him up." Finn tells Cross, "Copy that." Then, as the stone on the neck glowed, he moved the posture toward Tomber with the stone's power, and then Tomber floated. "Whoa..." Robin is curious. And he goes somewhere, taking Tomber. "You stupid blue-haired human! Let me go!" Tomber grumbles.

- garage -

"Allez! Maintenant-vite!" Finn shouted at some car and he quickly left. And when the rest of the kids walk into the garage, Finn closes the garage door. And Xross slowly overlooks Tomber to the ground. "Electroshock?! Are you kidding me?!" When Tomber was angry, "Easy, Tomber. This is her first field assignment." Finn talks about the situation. "She didn't know you were my informant." Let Finn say, "Informant?" Holly was embarrassed.

"A rookie, eh? I never liked new car-smell." When she sees her and talks, Holly frowns.

"Tomber was doing 20 to life in a Moroccan impounded the first time I saved him, if I recalled correctly." Finn tells about it. "Speaking of recalls, you're getting up there in mileage aren't you, Finn?" Tomber says. "You got a good assistant." Xross praises Finn. "By the way, what's that girl over there? She looks so cute." Tomber sees Lena. "Long story." Robin skips it. "Anyway, we're only going to talk about the point. Holley, show the picture." When Robin told Holley, "Okay." Holley shows a picture of the engine.

"Sir, do you know this engine?" Robin asks Tomber. "Yuck! That is the worst motor ever made." Tomber is disgusted by the engine in the picture. "Wait, that oil filter... Those wheel bearings."

"Do those parts look familiar, Tomber?" Finn asks. "They should. I sold them." Tomber nodded.

"To whom?" Holly asks.

"No idea. He's my best customer, but he always does his business over the phone. I was always wondering why he needs so many parts. Now I know." He explains. "Well, lemon needs parts. Ain't nothing truer than that." When Robin said that, Tomber was right and nods.

"Lemon?" Xross is curious.

Then Robin explains. "I heard this from my friend, Mater. They're a troubled guy. So they always say they need fix, and they can sometimes meet them on stage, in the stands, at the airport, in stores, everywhere."

"Holley, pull up the pictures from the oil platform. I want to know what other types of cars were out there." Finn orders Holley. Then she checks the picture of the lemon cars. "Right. Let's see. There were Hugos. And Trunkovs."

"Robin, are these cars considered lemons?" Finn asks Robin. "Probably." Robin says so.

"Finn, everyone involved in this plot is one of history's biggest loser cars." Holley witnessed it.

"And they're all talking their orders from the car behind this engine." As Xross guessed, "This explains it!" Tomber found out with his eyes wide open. "What, Tomber?" Finn asks.

"Gremlin, Pacer, Hugo, and Trunkovs never get together. But they're having a secret meeting in two days." Tomber explains.

"Where's this meeting taking place?" Xross asks. "Porto Corsa, Italy."

"That's where the next race is!" Robin claimed.

"Then there's a good chance our mystery engine will be there too." Finn ponders.

"Your chances are more than good. I just sent him a new clutch assembly yesterday to Porto Corsa." When Tomber explained it, "Holley, contact Stepheson and have him meet us at Gare de Lyon." Finn contacted Holly on the train called Stephenson and said, "Good job, guys." When Finn praises his human friends, Robin tries high five to Xross.

"What?" Xross is embarrassed. 

"High five. Don't you know this?" Robin asked, "We are on a mission right now. Childish play will only get in the way." Xross builds a very hard wall. And he leaves somewhere.

"Oh... Ooo... kay..." Robin is confused.

"Um... Is he always like that?" Lena asks Finn, "He's always serious and stiff, but he's trustworthy." Finn answers.

'What will they do there?' Robin thoughts.

Can these people succeed? And can Lena really remember her? 🤔