Chapter 7: Race Against Doc

- Willy's Butte -

Doc and Lightning race here at Willy's Butte. "Gentlemen, this will be a one-lap race. You will drive to Willy's Butte, go around Willy's Butte and come back. There will be no bumpin', no cheatin', no spittin', no bittin', no road rage, no maimin', no oil slickin', no pushin', no shovin', no backstabbin', no road-hoggin' and no lollygaggin'." Sheriff explains the rules of the race.

"Speed. I'm speed. Float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer." Lightning mumbles himself and rolls his eyes. Luigi and Guido are on the track. "My friend Guido, he dream to give a real race car a pit stop!" "Pit stop!" Luigi teaches Guido's dreams.

"The race is only one lap, guys. Uno lappo! Don't need any help. I work solo mio." Lightning explains with a smile. "Fine. Race your way." Luigi goes frowning. "No pit stoppo. Comprendo?" Lightning details explain, how Guido didn't understand. "Okay." Guido smiles and goes.

Sheriff: Gentlemen. Start your engines!

When Sheriff yells, Doc starts slowly. But Lightning makes a funny start when it starts to engine sound, so noisy. Then everyone was surprised.

Ramone: Hijole! Check that out!

Fillmore: Whoa!

Lena: OMG!

Kevin: Holy moly!

Robin: Whoa!

Flo: Emm, emm.

Sally: Great idea, Doc. Now the road will never get done.

"Luigi?" Sheriff calls Luigi When Luigi comes, it gives a start signal.

"On your mark, get set. Uno for the money, due for the show, tre to get ready, and quattro to... I can't believe it...! GO!!!" When Luigi starts, Lightning runs at a tremendous speed. Everyone cheers. Doc suddenly doesn't start and stands. "Doc, the flag means go. Remember the flag. Here we go. Go." Luigi is embarrassed. "Um... Doc, what are you doing, man?" Ramone asks. "What's wrong, Doc?" Robin also asks.

"Oh, dear. It would seem I'm off to a poor start. Well, better late than never. Come on, Mater. Might need a little help." Doc calls Mater. "Um, okay." Mater listens to the doctor and follows him. "We'll help you guys too. Kevin, Robin, let's go together." "Uh... Okay..." Kevin and Robin follow to help Doc. "You got your tow cable?" Doc asks Mater. "Well, yeah. I always got my tow cable. Why?" Mater replied, but suddenly Dak said something and asked. "Oh, just in case." Doc answers, Kevin and Robin, raise their shoulders because they don't know what they are and they don't know.

At this point, Lightning drifts from the corner. Suddenly, Lightning gets embarrassed and the wheel doesn't listen. Then the villagers were embarrassed. In the meantime, Doc, Mater, Kevin, and Robin see Lightning fall off the valley. "Hey! Was that floating like a Cadillac, or was that stinging like a Beemer? I'm confused." Doc mocks Lightning. "You drive like you fix roads. Lousy." "Yeah, it's worse. Like you." Doc and Robin tell Lightning that Lightning frowns. "Have fun fishing, Mater." Doc speaks and leaves, and Robin leaves with Doc.

"I'll help you, Mater." Kevin grabs Mater's cable and slowly descends the cliffs to help lighten up. "How did you fall in here?" Kevin asks Lightning. "You shouldn't wonder that..." Lightning is frowning and irritable. "Okay." Kevin then hooked, Lightning surprised, Mater's hook to the Lightning infrastructure.

"Okay, Mater! Upload now!" As Kevin shouts, Mater raises the lightning. "I'm startin' to think he knowed you was gonna crash!" Mater jokes Lightning. "Thank you, Mater. Thank you..." Lightning speaks without sincerity.

- Radiator Springs -

In the evening, Lightning scrapes the tar from the ruined road. "I can make a little turn on dirt. You think? No. And now I'm a day behind. I'm never gonna get outta here!" Lightning grumbles through scraping tar.

Ramone: Hey, ese! You need a new paint job, man!

Lightning: No, thank you.

Fillmore: How 'bout some organic fuel?

Sarge: That freak juice?

Lightning: Pass.

Flo: Whoo! Watchin' him workin' is makin' me thirsty. Anybody else want somethin' to drink?

Mater: Nah, not me, Flo. I'm on one of them there special diets. I'm a precisional instrument of speed and air-matic.

Lena: Are you sure? (giggles)

Mater: Yup.

Lightning: 'You race like you fix roads.' "Yeah, it's worse. Like you." I'll show them. I will show them!

And when it was night, Doctor Hudson: As soon as he enters of Internal Combustion, he sees Lightning at work. "Aw, great!! I hate it!! Hate, hate, hate, hate it!!!" "Music. Sweet music." Shouting that Lightning doesn't like it, Doc says good music. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea." Sally is anxious about not a good idea. "Me too..." Kevin thinks so too.

Lightning: Radiator Springs, a happy place!!

Bessie: (clucking)

Lightning: Whoa, okay, Bessie you think that funny?! Great!! I'm talking to Bessie now!! I'M TALKIN' TO BESSIE!!!

It's very noisy at night...!
😠💢