Chapter 9: Back to Work

Hello everybody. I'm sorry to release it too late. 😓 I'm too busy to haven't time to write. Anyway, hope you enjoy 😉

- Radiator Springs -

"Turn right to go left. Guess what. I tried it. You know what? This crazy thing happened... I went right!" Working again, Lightning suddenly talks to himself. "You keep talking to yourself, people'll think you crazy!" Lizzie talks to Lightning. "Thanks for the tip." Lightning is thankful and works again. "What? I wasn't talking to you!"

- Luigi's Casa Della Tires -

Luigi and Guido are renovating the store

Luigi and Guido are renovating the store. At this time Sally and Lena came.

Sally: Oh, Guido, e bellissimo!

Guido: Che cosa?

Lena: It looks great!

Sally: Yeah! This is great!

Guido: Ti piace, eh? Si, si, bellissimo.

- Tow Mater Towing & Salvage -

Mater and Kevin rebuild signs.

Mater: (groans and passes gas) Oh, lord!

(Signs are tilted to the other side)

Mater, Kevin: (laughs)

"Mater?! Kevin?!" Sheriff comes to them at this time. "I need you to watch the prisoner tonight." Sheriff asks Mater and Kevin to watch the lightning. "Well, Dad gum!" "Wait, what if he tries to run again?" Kevin is worried that Lightning will escape again. "It simple. Just let him run outta gas and tow him on back. But keep an eye on him." Sheriff tells me not to be vigilant. "Yes, sir!" "Alright. Let's go!" Mater and Kevin open their eyes and Sheriff sighs and leaves.

"While I'm stuck here paving this stinking road, Chick's in California schmoozing Dinoco. My Dinoco!" Lightning grumbles and works, and suddenly he hears strange noises. "WHOA WHOA WHOA! Who's touching me?!" At this time, Guido put the air in the tire.

"You have a slow leak. Guido, he fix. You make a such a nice new road. You come to my shop. Luigi take a good care of you. Even though you not a Ferrari. You buy four tires, I give you a full size spare absolutely free!" Luigi negotiates with Lightning to sell tires. "Look, I get all my tires for free." But... Lightning won't negotiate. "I like your style, Eu? You drive the hard bargain. Okay, Luigi make you a new deal. You buy one tire, I give you three for free!" As Luigi continues to negotiate, Sally and Lena look behind him and laugh at each other.

"Aw... would you look at that? Ramone, Ramone!" Ramone paints the fence with white painting and Flo compliments it for being cool. Red waters the tire tower.

"This is it, my last offer. You buy one tire, I give you 7-a snow tire for all free! Done. You interested, you call me. You know where I am." Luigi goes to his shop after the talk. Lightning sighs and works again, but suddenly waters Lightning. The hero was red. "Oh, Red! You missed a spot, see it right there? On the hood right there." Lightning is frightened as Sally points to Lightning's hood. "No, no--!"

(Water splash sound)

Lightning: NO! Stop! Stop! That cold! Help! Please stop! (sprinkle water after that on the hood cactus falling.)

Sally: Thanks, Red. (Leaving Red)

Lightning: What was that for?!

Sally: Do you wanna stay at the Cozy Cone or what?

Lightning: Huh?

Sally: And if you do, you gotta be clean. 'Cause even here in hillbilly hell we have standards.

Lightning: What, I--? I don't get it.

Lena: Nothing we just thought I'd say thank you for doing a great job.

Sally: So we thought I'd let you stay with me.

Lena: Yeah, wait what?

Sally: I mean, not with me! But there. Not with me there, but there in your own Cozy Cone.

Lena: (giggled)

Sally: And I'd be in my cone, and it's...

Lightning: Wait. Wait, you're being nice to me. Isn't it?

Lena: Yeah... almost... (giggled)

Sally: I mean if you want to stay at the dirty impound, thats, thats fine. You know, I understand you criminal types.

Lightning: No, no, no, no. That's okay. Yeah, the Cozy Cone.

Lightning sees Cozy Cone Motel.

Sally: Eu, it's newly refurbished.

"Yeah, it's like a clever little twist the motel's made out of caution cones, which, of course, cars usually try to avoid, now we're gonna stay in them. That's funny." Lightning jokes and Sally makes no expressions and Lena doesn't understand what it means.

"Figure that all out on your own, did you?" Sally speaks out loud. "Uh... Okay, I gotta go..." Lena embarrassed and enters the store. "Cone number one, if you want." Sally tells you the number of motels when you go into the store. Lightning complains when he sees a small tattoo behind Sally.

"Hey, do I spy a little pinstriping tattoo back there?" Lightning speaks cleverly. "Oh!" Sally gasped and turn back. "That's just a-- OH!" Sally crashed into a cone that had been piled up by mistake. "Oh, you saw that?" Sally laughs nervously. "Sorry, she's sometimes clumsy." Lena smiles nervously and talks. "Yeah! Just gonna be going. Gonna... Yeah..." "Bye." Sally and Lena finally go in and Lightning smiles. As the screen zooms out, Mater and Kevin stand together.

"You know, I once knew this girl doreen, Good-looking girl! Looked just like a jaguar, only she was a truck! "You know, I used to crash into her, just so I could spoke to her!" Mater brings out a strange story. "Uhhh...." Kevin doesn't understand what it is. "You understand that means?" Lightning whispers to Kevin. "I don't know." Kevin whispers to Lightning. "Hey, I know something we can do tonight, 'cause we're in charge of watching you!" Mater tells Lightning "And, we're gonna make sure that you don't try to get away." Kevin too tells Lightning. "No, guys, I gotta finish this road, and I have to get-out-of here." Lightning thanks that but he refuses. Then Mater and Kevin smile and face each other and tell Lightning what they think.

"Well, that's all right, Mr. I Can't Turn On Dirt." Kevin taunts Lightning. "You probably couldn't handle it anyway?" Mater too taunts Lightning. "I know, he's going to be seriously broken again...?" Kevin provokes again.

"Whoa, whoa, easy now, guys. You guys know who you're talking to? This is Lightning McQueen. I can handle anything." Lightning eventually took over as they provoked them.

I think it's a big mistake, McQueen...? 😏