[2]

Alena's POV:

Today is the day, I feel like I've been waiting years for this and now it's finally happening. This morning I was up bright and early as my flight is an early morning flight, in fact the sun still isn't up.

I have everything packed, and in total two suitcases and two carry on bags. I never realised it would be so hard to pack your life up into bags, but believe me, it is. Of course, I haven't been able to bring every single thing with me, but at least it'll all be here when I get back.

I make my way down the stairs carry on bags in hand and I smile softly at my parents who are waiting at the bottom for me.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" My father asks with a soft smile

"Yes dad, this is what I want, it's only for a year and then I'll be back."

"A year is a very long time Sweetheart, what if you don't like it?"

"Then I'll call you and beg you to bring me home, and you'll pretend like you want me to stick it out when really you're already looking up the next flight."

"You know me too well" He laughs as we exit the front door and make our way down the steps to where a car is waiting for us.

Dad greets the driver and sits in the front him with, Mum and I take the back.

"Are you ready?" She asks with a smile

"I am." I nod as I take her hand and squeeze it gently

"I'm so proud of you for chasing after your dreams"

"Thanks Mum" I give her a soft smile

***

The drive to the airport was silent most of the way other than dad making a few business-related phone calls here and there and music playing in the background it was very quiet.

The closer we get to the airport the more nervous I'm beginning the feel. It's only now I'm realizing that I'm going to be completely alone out here. I won't have my family, my cousins, my friends, it's just me on the other side of the world, away from everything I know. Alone.

We arrive at the airport and the driver drops us off at the front doors, then drives away to find a park. Mum and Dad assist me through customs and to my boarding gate, it's only a few minutes after we arrive at the gate that I'm called.

"Attention all first-class passengers on flight UA37, we are now boarding at gate 1, for those in business class we will be boarding shortly"

I let out a shaky breath and stand up from my seat, my parents doing the same. "That's me." I tell them with a soft smile

"I'll miss you so, so much baby." Mum cries as she pulls me close, embracing me in a hug

"Mum, please don't cry," I say sadly as I continue the warm embrace "I'll call you every single day, I promise."

"I'll hold you to it." Dad speaks from beside us

We pull back from the embrace and I wrap my arms around my father, resting the side of my head on his chest as I hold onto him. "I'll never be able to thank you enough for letting me go."

"I just want my daughter to be happy, that's all I've ever wanted." He strokes my hair softy and places a kiss on the top of my head. "If you need to come home, or you want to come home at any point you call me and I'll get you out of there okay?

"Okay." I nod and pull back from the embrace giving him a small smile.

Reaching down I pick up my bags and look towards the doors, then back at my parents "I love you both so much."