[7]

It didn't take us long to find a place to eat, there are lots of small restaurants that line the main streets but we decided on an authentic Italian restaurant, well, of course, it's authentic, we are in Italy after all.

Once we stepped into the building we were greeted right away by a friendly server. I let Franco do the talking, not wanting to embarrass myself with my Italian, and a moment later we're guided to our seat.

Franco slides his leather jacket off his arms and places it down on the booth style seating. The waiter returns and hands us two menus and places some bread and a water jug along with two glasses down to the side of the table

"Grazie" (Thank-you)

My eyes scan the menu and I'm thankful for all the times I've eaten in Italian resultants at home so I don't embarrass myself when ordering

"So Alena who knows so much about me already, tell me about yourself"

I look up at Franco who is smiling at me once again from across the table. I place my menu down and drape my left arm over the black leather booth seat casually "What would you like to know?"

"Well, what are you doing in Italy for a start?"

"For school, you dropped me off remember?" I raise a brow

"I know that miss sassy, I meant what are you here for, what are you really here for?"

"To try something different." I admit "back home in America my life is already set in stone, I already know what I'll be doing for the rest of life and I wanted to live a little before I take over my father's business."

"I see" he nods "How is Italy treating you so far?"

"Good, really good," I tell him in an upbeat tone "I've made a really nice group of friends already and I was lucky enough to be placed in a dorm room with another American who has quickly become my friend."

"So I hear" He grins "Bexley right?" 

"You know Bex?"

"No, not personally." He shakes his head "but my friend Riccardo knows her and seems to be very fond of her and so does my brother Dom."

"You know Riccardo," I say excitedly, happy to know we're running in the same circle of people. "Wait, your brother?" It finally clicks "Dom Ricci is your brother?"

"Franco Ricci, the one and only." He grins

"I had no idea," I say thoughtfully

"He doesn't talk about me much, I think he gets scared I'm going to steal any woman he brings home away from him because I'm clearly the better looking, older brother and girls love that shit." He winks

His wink causes yet another smile to form on my lips. "You know you might be right, he mentioned a sister, but not you."

"Of course, Miss Luda our little supermodel."

"As I said to Dom, your family were sure blessed in the looks department."

"I knew you thought I was hot." He grins once more

"I said all of you, that included Dom." I shoot him a playful warning glare, not wanting him to burst with self-confidence.

"Siete pronti a ordinare?" (Are you ready to order?) The waiter questions 

***

It doesn't take long for our food to arrive to the table, and as we eat we continue to talk.

We talk for some time, three hours to be exact, just general chit chat. We share lots of laughs, and I can't seem to take the smile off my face, Franco doesn't hold back, he's an open book and he's so funny without even trying. I can't believe I didn't notice the similarities in him and Dom before. They have the same stunning eyes, the same perfect smile, the same hair even. The only difference is Dom has these super cute dimples when he smiles.