[23]

It's been a week since our ambush and my family have now headed back to America to continue the search for who was behind this, they were American that much we know for sure, but who and why and why didn't they target the Cobras at home, why did they come all the way here to do it.

As the door to the dorm opens I sit up in bed and see Bex walking through the door, tears streaming down her cheeks. 

"Bex, what's wrong?" I question quickly

She makes her way over to the bed and lays down curling up into a ball with her head in my lap. "Riccardo's been lying to me this entire time." she cries. 

I place one hand on her hair and the other on her arm trying to soothe her "What do you mean? Do you want to talk about it?"

"Riccardo told me what he does over lunch today and it turns out he's part of the Italian Mafia." She sniffles "I've been in love with someone I don't even know this entire time."

"Hey, I'm sure that's not true, I'm sure he's still the same person. Is him being in the mafia really that bad? I mean he's never hurt you or put you in danger, right?

"Are you forgetting those guys storming the house last week? There is no way that, that was a robbery gone wrong, not now that I know what I know. It had to have been linked to him and his stupid Mafia friends." She sits up and wipes her tears shaking her head "I didn't want to tell you this but I have too, Dom is part of it as well, they all are their fathers and Franco as well, hell probably even Luda."

Shit. She's hurting right now, she already thinks everyone is lying to her and I don't want to hurt her any further, but I'm going to have too because I can't lie to her

"I know." I breathe out 

"What?" she sits up looking at me in disbelief "You knew and you didn't tell me?" 

"Bex I'm sorry," I say sadly "I know because, well my family is also part of the Mafia, the American mafia and Dom and I's families work together." 

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." she snaps and stands up "So the day we met them, that was all fake? You already knew them?"

"No, I've never been here before I didn't know them nor had I ever met them, my father asked Dom's father to keep an eye on me, but we met because Riccardo saw you and wanted to know your name, that part was never a lie." 

"Why should I believe a single thing you say?" she shouts

"Bex I haven't lied to you, I've kept things, yes but I didn't once lie. You asked me how I learnt to shoot and I told you the truth, my dad taught me, you asked me what my family does and I told you they own a shipping company which they do." 

"Oh you just left out the part where it's guns and drugs right?" She raises a brow with a scold on her face 

"I wanted to tell you but-"

"But you didn't." she takes a deep breath "You lied to me Alena, every single one of you lied to me and I don't trust a single thing you say" She makes her way over to her side of the room and grabs her bag "I've lost my best friend, my boyfriend and my friends all in the space of half an hour." 

"Bex, what are you doing?" I question as she begins placing things in her bag

"I'm asking to move rooms, I don't want to share with someone I can't trust."

"No, it's okay I'll go," I tell her as I stand up from the bed. "Please just, unpack your things, I know you're mad at me right now and I understand but you shouldn't have to leave the room because of me, I'll go."