[46]

It's been two weeks since I took over from my father as leader of the Cobras and for the past two weeks, I've been swamped in paperwork, it's going to take me a while to get my head around everything, so dad is going to stay on and help me until we both think I'm ready, he thinks I'm ready now, but I'm not so sure.

"What are you doing?" Bex questions as she leans on the kitchen bench next to me, myself in front of my laptop.

"Work things."

"Borning" Bex raises her brows at me

"Not when I'm setting up how to pay your wages it's not" I fire back

"Fine, but can you take a break? Riccardo and I are going to have a look at a few houses today and I was hoping that you and Dom would come with us?"

"Uh," I look at the time and tuck my hair behind my ear thinking for a moment "What time is the first open house?"

"It's in half an hour and it's about a twenty minute drive so we'd need to leave now, please?"

"I-I don't know." I bite down on my bottom lip

"Go" Dad calls as he makes his way down the stairs "I have time, I'll set up everything you need on the laptop"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Alena, I'm sure. You need to have a work and life balance, it can't just all be work. You've been working for the last two weeks, go and spend time with your friends."

"Okay." I give him a soft smile

"If you weren't already married Mr Raven, I'd so marry you" Bex giggles happily

"And what about me eh?" Riccardo smirks as he and Dom make their way down the stairs dressed and ready to go

"Ooops" Bex giggles

The house viewings have been rather fun. Riccardo and Bex have been looking at stunning homes in the local area around twenty minutes away from my parent's house, moving that little bit further away from the ocean really drops the house prices and because Bex and Riccardo are just starting out, they wanted to save a little bit of money.

When Bex's father was killed, she was left a large amount of money which she is going to use to buy a car as well as half of the house with Riccardo. Riccardo has been saving money for a while now as he and Dom were going to go halves in a home in Italy, but once his father knew he was moving in with Bex he gave them some extra money to help out as well.

We pull up the final house of the day and stare in awe for a moment "Wow, I love this one already." I open the car door and step out, closing it behind me.

The house is beautiful, yet simple. Locked away in a gated community much like my parents for extra safety but still far enough away from other houses that you have your own space.

The house stands tall and is two-story, white in colour with black trim around the windows and garage. There is a double car garage at the front of the house and it is in black along with the front door.

"Lets go in" Bex smiles as she makes her way past me

"You like this one?" Dom questions as he places his hand on the small of my back looking up at the house

"Yes, it's very nice."

"Maybe we can start having a looking for our own home?"

"You coming or what?" Bex calls from the front door

I place my hand in Dom's interlocking our fingers, as we make our way towards the front door.

"Hello" the real estate agent greets with a smile