nine.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER NINE.
cat got your tongue?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

WHEN ADRIAN AWOKE THE NEXT MORNING, TOBY WAS SLEEPING SOFTLY A FEW FEET BEHIND HIM. Adrian made sure to be careful as to not disturb the young boy as he got himself up and ready to leave.

Adrian thought getting ready would be just the same as it normally was; put on a shirt, jeans, shoes and comb his hair if he was feeling extra. Guess not this time around . . .

After putting on a t-shirt of a band the redhead liked, Adrian picked up his phone to check the time. Unfortunately, the several missed calls and texts notifications were far more distracting. They were all sent by the same person, and it was none other than Stiles Stilinski.

STILES: where are you? are you at home?

STILES: scott and i found something out!

STILES: okay, so you're clearly not answering so either you're ignoring me or not on your phone.

STILES: WHERE ARE YOU?! scott said you disappeared during the bowling, you okay?

STILES: ADRIAN MARTIN YOU BETTER PICK UP YOUR DAMM PHONE AND CALL ME BECAUSE I'M FREAKING OUT!

Adrian felt a lump grow in his throat. Yes, he had been avoiding the hazel eyed boy purposely but he couldn't talk to him. Not after what he just found out, right?

Maybe it's just a temporary thing. Maybe if I meet up with him, the feeling won't be there. Adrian thought optimistically. He clicked on his phone before he could think it through much longer.

Stiles picked up within one ring. "Adrian! Oh thank god you're not dead! Well, unless this is an intruder who killed you answering the phone instead."

Adrian couldn't help but let a small chuckle arise, which immediately was disguised as a cough. "It's me, Stilinski. What do you want?"

"Scott and I found something."

I found something too. Adrian mentally answered in his head. He quickly shook away his thoughts as he began packing to leave Toby's "Like what?"

"I'll explain everything. I'll pick you up."

"I'm not at my house just now, I stayed over at Toby's." Adrian answered as if it were obvious. He took a pause to yawn and stare at the sleeping blonde.