twenty-four.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.
please find my sister.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ADRIAN MARTIN YAWNED AS HE WOKE UP IN THE HOSPITAL BED HE HAD BEEN IN FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND, STRETCHING AS HE HEARD A CHUCKLE COME THROUGH. Peeking one eye open, he saw Stiles Stilinski step into the room; a bag of food in his hands. "Enjoy your cat nap while I was gone?"

"Yep." The Martin dragged out, stretching his limbs before releasing a sigh and opening his eyes. He reached out towards the bag his boyfriend had, making a grabby hand motion. "Gimme, gimme."

Stiles rolled his eyes as he handed the bag over, watching the redhead launch into it like an animal. His own food was thrown over to him, the two boys happily tucking in. "Lydia's awake, by the way. I checked before I came in." Stiles' voice was muffled from the stuffed food, his boyfriend hearing him nonetheless.

Adrian's head lifted up, a piece of lettuce from his burger falling out his mouth as he spoke. "What? Is she okay? How's her bite?" He asked urgently, clutching his food tighter.

To say the boy was distressed would be an understatement. Adrian Martin hadn't been able to leave his hospital bed despite feeling better. His mum and dad were yet to come and sign him out, meaning he was confined in the boring room he was given. All he wanted was to know his sister was in good health.

"She's awake at least." Stiles shrugged, scratching the back of his neck as a sign of nervous hesitance. He sighed. "Scott and I checked her bite when you were unconscious, it hasn't healed."

"Like me." Adrian stated, his face becoming confused. "So, Lydia's a Necromancer too?"

Stiles shrugged. "I don't know. She seems fine. Necromancy may be a thing passed down from families, but it's rare." He explained. "Lydia could be something else."

"Either that or she's immune to the bite." The redhead hopefully suggested, trying to stay in high spirits for his sister. "Maybe it's different for females."

"Yeah, maybe." Stiles nodded, looking unconvinced as he looked down at his food. He then had the sudden urge to change the subject. "We need snacks. I'm going to the vending machine, you want anything?"

"I'd kill for some chocolate." Adrian groaned, shifting in his bed. Stiles looked at him confused, the redhead only shrugging. "I'm coming with you."

"But you should be resting." Stiles tried to reason, helping his boyfriend up nonetheless in case he hurt himself.

"I'm going to a vending machine." Adrian deadpanned, using Stiles' hand to support himself. "It's not like I'm marching out of here."