eleven.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER ELEVEN.
the alpha speaks.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ADRIAN ALWAYS LIKED THE ART OF MOVIES. Since he was a little boy, he always would put one on to cheer him up- a habit Adrian had developed into his teenage years.

With the situation with Stiles stuck in his head, the Martin thought a movie would be a good idea to clear his head. So, here he was, in the local video store. He scanned the isles, looking for the movie, The Sixth Sense, due to Toby Valack constantly telling him to watch it.

The store was pretty empty, granted it was a late night. No one was working apart from a guy fixing the lights, who Adrian noticed wasn't there anymore. He shrugged it off, thinking he had gone to get something.

As Adrian successfully grasped the movie in his hand, a familiar voice rang through the store. "Can someone help me find The Notebook?"

The familiar voice made the teen boy chuckle, walking out of the isle to meet the captain of the lacrosse team. "Let me guess. Lydia?" A knowing smile crossed his face. "Didn't take you for a romantic movie guy, Jackson."

The rich boy rolled his eyes. "Whatever, man. Is anybody working here?" He asked him.

The redhead curiously looked around, seeing no one in sight. "There was one guy, but he must've gone out back."

Jackson shook his head. "You gotta be kidding me." He muttered under his breath. Just then, the lights flickered and buzzed around them, something catching both Adrian and Jackson's gaze.

The two looked at each other cautiously before taking slow steps towards where feet seemed to be poking out of an isle. When the two lacrosse players turned to peer through, their eyes widened.

The guy Adrian had seen working on the lights had his throat slashed, blood soaking his clothes as he stared lifelessly ahead. Jackson was first to move, staggering back and knocking into the ladder which was balancing a ceiling tile. It caused a disturbance in the lights; shutting them off.

Adrian's heart thudded as he looked around the dark store, his breathing growing heavier in panic. Jackson breathed heavily beside him too. "We need to get out of here, man."

"What about Lydia?" Adrian's eyes went wide with worry for his sister, looking towards her boyfriend. "Is she okay? Where is she?"

"She's in the car." Jackson told him, making Adrian worry more. Whatever killed the man was close . . . maybe even outside killing his sister as they speak.