forty.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER FORTY.
i never got to tell him.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AFTER PEOPLE HAD FLED FROM THE PARTY, THE THREE BOYS IMMEDIATELY DROVE OVER TO STILES' HOUSE TO INFORM HIS DAD WHAT THEY HAD JUST DISCOVERED. Sheriff Stilinski solving this case could hopefully help get him his job back, so the teens told him as much as they could . . . only leaving out the whole Kanima ordeal.

"So, this kid's the real killer?" Noah questioned as the four of them stood over a school yearbook, Stiles' desk lamp lighting it up for a clearer view.

"Yeah." His son nodded, looking down at Matt's picture with a red circle drawn around it with an arrow pointing to his name.

The police officer shook his head, unconvinced. "No."

Stiles looked at him in surprise, obviously expecting his father to just believe this kid was a murderer and that was that. "Yes!"

"No." Noah repeated, crossing his arms with a stern look at the young boy.

The youngest Stilinski was quick to get up from his desk chair. "Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So, all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts, and figure out which class they all had in common."

His two friends backed him up with nods behind him, the Sheriff still looking unsure on their suspicion. "Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promotor, Kara, wasn't in Harris's class." He pointed out to them.

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry." Stiles muttered sarcastically back. "Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

Noah thought for a moment before shaking his head, pointing a finger at his son. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything. Adrian, Scott, do you two believe this?"

Stiles rolled his eyes as Scott spoke first. "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt."

The Sheriff turned to the other boy expectantly, raising his eyebrows. "Adrian?"

The redhead nodded along, gulping. "It's definitely him, Sheriff. I know believing in Stiles' theories are insane but you have to trust him on this."

"Yeah, he took Harris's car okay?" Stiles jumped back in immediately to convince his dad. "Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victim's were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him."