eighteen.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
it's a dog eat dog world.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ADRIAN DIDN'T SPEAK NOR MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH ANYONE AS HE ENTERED THE LACROSSE FIELD, FIRE IN HIS EYES. He knew for a fact that his sister would be in the stands with Allison, but he didn't dare glance her way.

Coach wanted them all to line up and do single shoots, a thing Adrian had no problem complying with. Many players noticed the redhead's body tensity; getting the signal to keep their distance.

The two poor defenders at the time were the ones to take the harsh hits. People around the field winced around Adrian at he barged past them to throw, way more harsher than needed.

"Ah! What the hell man?!" A defender called back as the other one groaned, rubbing the sore parts the redhead had knocked.

"Sorry." Adrian said, the words sounding anything but believable as he made his way to the back of the row. He could feel Stiles shoot him a confused look, which went ignored.

Scott was up soon after, and Adrian was glaring daggers to the back of his head. When the whistle blew, Scott took off . . . only to be tackled by the two defenders. Many- including Adrian- found it comical, chuckling.

Coach Finstock approaches him, bending down to speak to the boy on the pitch floor. "Guess some people don't appreciate your new status here, McCall." He laughed, blowing the whistle to call for the next person.

Scott did a handspring to get himself off the ground, shocking both Stiles and Adrian. "You have a problem with that, Bilisnki?" Coach asked, noticing the buzzcut teen not moving.

"What? Yeah, no." The boy shook his head, adverting his eyes from his friend.

"Ah, you're up big boy. Let's go!" Coach told the boy, Stiles shrugging his shoulders to go. Before he could take a step forward, Scott was upfront. He shoved his stick against his chest, most likely glaring behind the helmet. "That's it, McCall! That's the spirit! You earn it! Earn it, McCall!"

Adrian tilted his head as he watched Scott go again, much faster than before. This time, he was more successful in scoring. Scott shoved past the two defenders, knocking them to the ground. And, in an act of foul play, Adrian watched shocked as Scott butted his stick against the goalie, Danny's head.

The goalkeeper fell to the ground, many lacrosse players including Jackson running to his aid. "Danny!" The star athlete said, kneeling down to inspect what looked to be a bloody nose.