thirty-nine.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE.
who even invented birthdays?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

LYDIA HAD PRACTICALLY KICKED STILES STILINSKI OUT OF THE HOUSE AFTER HE BRUNG THE BOY HOME LAST NIGHT, SAYING HE HAD HAD SOMETHING FUNNY TO DRINK. Luckily, Lydia didn't pry for any more information; most likely too occupied in hosting her big birthday party to even think about the odd behaviour her brother and friends were displaying.

Stiles, of course, didn't want to leave the boy after what had happened to him at the rave. After Scott was taken to Deaton by Derek, Stiles just sat with the redheaded boy in his arms in the back of his jeep for a few minutes.

He was scared. First his dad had lost his job because of him and now his own secret boyfriend faints from his supernatural abilities. The world seemed so unfair to him all of a sudden.

Regardless of his keenness to stay, the sister of the Martin shoved him away from the boy until he had no choice but to go back home in his jeep; unable to see Adrian until the grand Martin party.

The whole day, Adrian had been slaving away to get the party to Lydia Martin's standards. After all, the Martin parties were meant to be one of the best in all of Beacon Hills. Plus, it was a good distraction after what happened last night.

"Finally. All done." The redhead sighed as he approached his sister already in her newly bought dress for her birthday, a tray of drinks in her hand.

When her brother reached for a red cup, Lydia smacked his hand away. "Not now, idiot! Wait until everyone's here!"

Just then, the first doorbell of the night rang. The strawberry blonde perked up, opening the door to see Stiles smiling politely at the doorstep. "Hey, Lydia. Happy birthday. Is Adrian here?"

"Well, this is my house." The mentioned boy stepped forward so he could be seen behind his sister, a smile bracing his face at the sight of his boyfriend.

Stiles smiled brightly back, glad to see the redhead was looking in much better health compared to last night. "Hey!" He stepped forward, chancing a sweet kiss on the lips.

"Alright, you two." Lydia stepped between them, breaking the kiss after a few seconds. "Now that your boyfriend is here, I'll greet the rest of the guests myself."

Adrian nodded as him and Stiles made their way through the house, Scott joining them in a nice shirt and jacket a few moments later.