thirty-eight.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT.
death senses.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

FRIDAY NIGHT FINALLY ROLLED ROUND, AND THE MARTIN BOY HAD NEVER DREADED THE DAY MORE. His situation seemed slightly humorous to him, he was dreading going to an underground rave while repeating to himself constantly that Scott McCall promised no one would get killed. It's amazing how your points of view on things can change in a matter of long supernatural months.

Stiles picked Adrian up at night for a lift to the rave, the redhead noticing something off with him almost immediately. His boyfriend's eyes seemed a bit glassy, like he had just been crying.

"Don't tell me. You just watched Bridge to Terabithia for the first time? That movie messed me up when I was little." He attempted to joke and get a more comfortable atmosphere between them as his boyfriend drove on, but he never received a reply. This worried him more. "Stiles?"

". . . My dad lost his job because of me."

For the next few moments of silence, Adrian fully expected Stiles to burst out laughing and admit it was some kind of weird joke . . . but he never did. It didn't take long for the Martin to recognise the pain in his eyes was a personal one.

"What?" Adrian's voice sounded small, a look of disbelief crossing over his face. "No. No, you wouldn't of had anything to do with it."

The Stilinski boy sighed. "The department thought that the son of a sheriff having a restraining order wasn't a good look . . . so they made him hand in his badge and gun."

"Forever?" The teenage Necromancer frowned, beginning to feel bad for the Stilinski family. He knew what it was like for your parents to get blamed and shamed for your own actions, and he never wished it upon anyone . . . especially Stiles.

"They didn't say." Stiles mumbled, licking his lips as his eyes trained on the road. For once, he didn't want to look at Adrian; too scared of what his reaction would be. "Please, don't tell Scott about this."

"I won't." The boy swore, shaking his head as a promise. "But, Stiles, he's your best friend. H-He would know what to do."

The buzz-headed teen shook his head with sadness in his eyes. "I don't think there's anything he can do this time, Tiger."

The two boys picked Scott up along the way, an uncomfortable silence hitting them suddenly. Adrian didn't like it. He had gotten so used to riding with Scott and Stiles that he had actually trained his mind to switch focus between their conversations and the radio by now. It was a talent!