30: disappointments

|the day before ceremony|

Lisa walked upstairs to Y/N after Mr. Kim's command. Jungkook was standing behind her, observing Y/N with a worried expression on his face.

Mr. Kim walked inside his office followed by Jungkook. "Is everything fine, with Y/N? ..... She looks sad". Mr. Kim just gave a nod and passed a glass of water to a kook. Jungkook took it politely. "Why is she upset?" he asked again taking a sip of water.

"Because not Y/N but you are chosen for the gang leader post. Jungkook chokes out and the water from his mouth spill on the floor. He was coughing badly. Mr. Kim took the glass of water from his hands and place it on the table, rubbing jungkook's back so that he can calm down. Although he was a cold mafia head he cared about everyone.

When Jungkook caught his breath he looks at his boss with wide eyes. "She knows about me?" he asked but Mr. Kim shook "no".

"Jungkook you are the next leader of the black nation," Mr. Kim said and Jungkook gave a deep chuckle.

"I'm serious," he said again and this time Jungkook turned serious. "I never applied for the election boss".

"No one applies for this, you are a member of black nation, from the day you came into the world. You worked as the best member of the gang. Plus you managed to hide your Identity."

Mr. Kim explained and passed the result sheets to Jungkook. "I don't want to be the gang leader. Make y/n the boss she deserves it..." Jungkook said with a soft voice in front of his senior taking the result sheet in his hands.

"I know but, everything is not in my hand"

"It was in your hand... Why did you voted for me but not Y/N?" Jungkook complains.

"I don't want her to be the head." Mr.Kim said in a little high voice. "I don't want her to suffer, have a war with black code, they are active again... you are the one for this you can handle it better"

"Boss I can't do this...I hate this criminal world. I just work for this gang but I seriously hate to see my hands colored in blood. I don't want this and... y/n will hate me if she will know that I'm the one who destroyed her dream to lead the gang and I love her too much that I can't see her hate me plus I don't have any interest... I never wanted to be the mafia head." Jungkook exclaimed.

"I never asked you to love her, I just asked you to keep an eye on her and keep her away from any danger, protect her, but you!...... what you did? You fell for her! That was never commanded by me" the senior said.

"But I was ok with it.... that one of my best men will be holding my daughter's hand. That's why I permitted you that day to confess to her."

"But was still I can't do this... I don't want to be the Gang Leader.... she can do it. I believe in her and she will prove that she is best, not me, not anyone" Jungkook replied still maintaining a soft voice.

"Don't act like a child Jungkook! Understand!!"

He shook his head at Mr. Kim's request.

"Fine. we will look at it... Later... I will try but for now, just show up. I will try to change it later but handle the ceremony tomorrow. The changes will take time" Mr.Kim breathes out.

"But, boss---" Jungkook tried to speak but cut off his boss "no more but now".

|back to the day of the ceremony, after the 'show up' of Jungkook|

You walked to your hotel room with fast steps which slowed down at the entrance as you entered. You shut the door behind you and walked to the bed and sat. You were staring at the floor with wide eyes, lips parted, a mixture of confusion, sadness, shock, betrayal was on your face especially anger.