II

Obi-wan's POV

Beep, beep, beep

I squinted my eyes open and saw my transmitter beeping rapidly on my bedside table, I groaned and quickly scrambled around my apartment and pulling on my Jedi robes before answering the transmitter. A hologram of Mace Windu appeared, he was talking to someone else before he realised I had finally answered.

"Hello Obi-wan," he greeted.

"Hello, Master Windu," I replied nodding my head in greeting.

"Apologies for the early start but there is an urgent mission that needs to be dealt with. Can you make your way to the briefing room?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm on my way,"

I ended the transmission and placed the small device on my armour before looking in the mirror and running out the door. It was 3 in the morning so it was still dark in the hallways, I leaned against the elevator wall as I got in and rubbed the sleep from my eyes as an attempt to make myself look more awake.

I made it to the briefing room and I wasn't shocked to see Anakin already there. He basically never slept and especially after Ahsoka leaving I wouldn't be surprised if he'd stay up for the whole week.

"Okay, what's this mission about?" I asked looking up at the holograms that were protruding from the round table in the middle.

"Some clones have been infected by some sort of dart, they're being controlled by Assaji Ventress. They've landed on Kamino and went on a killing rampage, they managed to close the doors and they sedated the ones that had left the ship that were affected. Ventress is on board but they have heavy defences down and clones stationed at every entry point and where their ship is docked. We need you two to go there now and stop Ventress and the affected clones from getting on board," Windu explained quickly.

"And what happens if we're shot by one of those darts, isn't that just putting more people in danger?" Anakin asked.

Windu sent a glare at Anakin who held his gaze, Windu looked away and showed us the location on the hologram.

"Anakin has a point if one of us is affected by the dart then Ventress could do some major damage," I said.

"Well then you'll just have to hold the other one back," Mace replied.

I looked at Anakin as a sense of uneasiness washed over me, I trained Anakin and taught him all the forms of lightsaber combat and I knew the ones he used the most, I had practised fighting him a few times in his early teenage years but his style had changed a lot since then.

"May the force be with you," Windu said nodding towards me.

I nodded back and followed Anakin out the room and towards the hanger.

"I have a bad feeling about this," I stated.

"Me too," Anakin agreed.

I followed Anakin on board a ship and sat in the co-pilot seat. Anakin was one of the best star pilots in the galaxy and he knew which ships were good for certain missions. I personally hated flying and prefered to stay on the ground in fights.

I did the checks on the ship to make sure everything was okay because I knew Anakin thought the checks were a waste of time. I sat back down and Anakin was flicking switches as the ship powered up and rose into the air, we flew out of the hanger and up into the air. I made sure everything was in working order as we flew out into space and Anakin flicked a few more switches and then steadied the ship.

"Are we clear to go into hyperspace?" he asked.

I looked over a few dials and then nodded.

"All clear," I replied.