XXV

A week later

Obi-wan's POV

We had landed on Coruscant and I wasn't used to sneaking around the buildings and the corridors. Two of the Bounty Hunters managed to knock out two of the Jedi Temple guards and took on there disguise along with the yellow lightsabers. I went up the elevator with another bounty hunter and we knocked out the guards that stood in front of the Chancellor's office and took the yellow lightsabers. It felt nice to have a lightsaber in my hand again and finally after 6 months of being around these stupid bounty hunters and blasters I could finally get rid of this disguise. 

I heard a bullet break through the glass and hit something inside the office and then voices from the bounty hunters entering the room through the window. Count Dooku exited the elevator and opened the door to the office and me and the other bounty hunter follow him in, there was a dummy sitting in the chair and a blaster hole in its head. 

"It's a trap," a bounty hunter said.

With that 5 Jedi came out from there hiding spots and cut off the bounty hunters limbs, I knocked out the bounty hunter next to me and took off the guard's disguise but ignited the yellow lightsaber. Count Dooku turned around and looked at me in surprise but then glared at me.

"I knew something was off about you," Dooku said. 

With that Dooku, force pushed me back and jumped out the broken window. Anakin jumped out after him and I followed still gripping the yellow lightsaber as I fell. I used the force to slow my fall and when I hit the ground I did a commando roll to take the pressure off my ankles, Anakin was already chasing Dooku and I got up and chased after them. It was so dark outside and it was hard to see but I blindly followed Anakin's dark blue lightsaber up ahead, Dooku jumped into his ship and closed the door and the ship pulled into the air. Anakin stabbed his lightsaber into the ship's closed doors and tried to open them, he lost his grip and his lightsaber slashed through the floor. Anakin fell down onto the ground and the ship took off and disappeared into the dark sky, Anakin grumbled and grabbed his lightsaber. I offered a hand to help him up but he ignored it and pushed himself to his feet glaring at the distant ship.

"There was nothing else you could do Anakin," I said.

"There's always something you can do," he snapped.

He walked off and I frowned but followed him, we went back into the Senate building and the two bounty hunters that were disguised at the entrance had disappeared. We walked into the elevator and for the first time I got a good look at my former apprentice who looked a lot different. His hair was longer and it was wavy/curly and the cut on the outside of his right eye had scared. Anakin was now wearing Jedi robes instead of the protective gear, he still had the same black leather tabards and belt but his tunic was black and his pants were a dark brown almost black colour. Even Anakin's force signature was different, it was stormy and clouded and I could sense a lot of suppressed emotions that were bursting to be let out. Our force bond was severed and it definitely wasn't the same, it wasn't as strong as it used to be and it was a lot thinner and Anakin's stormy force signature made me shiver. 

What had happened to my former apprentice within 6 months?

We finally arrived at the top and Anakin immediately got out and walked into the Chancellor's office where the other four Jedi were tying up the Bounty Hunters. Master Windy walked over to me and gave me a small smile.

"Good job, Obi-wan, even though Dooku got away the 6 months were worth it," he said.

"Yes, at least we saved the Chancellor, where is he?" I asked.

"He's in the Jedi Temple with Master Yoda," 

I nodded and looked at the Bounty Hunters tied up sitting against the wall, they were all glaring at me.

"I should've known something was off about you!" Cad Bane shouted.

I ignored his comment and I went with Windu to get rid of my disguise, we went into the medical bay and I laid down on the bed as the medical droid came over. He took out the voice contraption and I coughed and cleared my throat a few times.

"I'm so glad to have that out," I stated.

It felt weird to speak in my normal voice again but in a weird way, it was satisfying. I laid back down and the droid stuck a needle into my neck, I felt that burning pain flash throughout my body and then it felt like an ice-cold bucket of water had been dumped on me. 

I slowly sat up and stars swam in my vision but I blinked a few times to clear them, I looked in the mirror and was relieved to finally see my normal reflection instead of Rako Hardeen staring back at me. 

"You did good Obi-wan," Windu complimented. 

"Thank you, Master, I wished we could've caught Dooku in the end," I replied.

"But at least we saved the Chancellor, without you undercover the Chancellor could very well be dead," 

I nodded and Windu told me to get some rest before we talked about our next step in the war and announced that I was indeed alive and never actually died. 

I walked to my apartment and entered into the cold room, I shivered and began making a warm drink. I missed Coruscant and I was glad to be back but I knew it was going to be hard to face Anakin and explain why I had to keep it from him.