LI

Anakin's POV

I ran towards the next bomb and the droids turned to face me, they immediately began firing and I easily deflected the bullets back towards the droids. Destroyers came out and tried to fire at me but I dodged those bullets and force pushed them away so they crashed into a building, I dealt with the rest of the droids as quick as I could before disarming the bomb. The number flashed up at me and I had a minute and 15 seconds left to deactivate the other two bombs and I was wasting time dealing with the droids first. 

I ran through the dark city with the moon as the only light, I used the force to guide me to where the next bomb was and it felt like there were even more droids in guarding this bomb, I jumped up into the air and landed next to the bomb quickly sliced the control panel stopping the bomb from exploding. I spun around and quickly deflected a few bullets before blue bolts began raining down on the droids from the ceiling, a few people from the rebellion were on the roofs of the shops and houses shooting the droids.

I jumped up onto a roof and Zara grabbed my arm.

"We have to get to the last bomb quickly," she said.

I bit back my retort and began running along the rooftops and using the force to jump over the large gaps. Zara was keeping up with me and using the force to clear some of the jumps as well and she wasn't hiding her force presence anymore because the need to deactivate the last bomb was greater than hiding away. Zara grabbed her sniper rifle and bent down on the slope of the roof as I jumped down, weirdly enough, there were no droids guarding this bomb but a familiar presence. I ignited my lightsaber and managed to block the blood-red blade from behind, Dooku seemed to have a new fit of rage since the last time I had seen him which only fueled his power. His attack caught me off guard so he gained the upper hand and took the offensive, he pushed me away from the bomb and I knew I didn't have long left until it exploded. 

"I was wondering why I sensed an unpleasant disturbance in the force," Dooku snarled.

"The feelings mutual," I replied.

Dooku continued to strike my blade and use all his force power to hold me back and I knew I couldn't disarm the bomb in time. A blue bolt came flying towards Dooku and he managed to send it back to where it had come from and block my attack, I heard a scream and I risked a glance behind me and saw that the bolt had hit the place where Zara had been standing on the roof so she had fallen down, thankfully, she was fine. 

Count Dooku used my distraction and got me in a lightsaber hold, I used one hand to hold my lightsaber against his as my other hand grabbed Zara's lightsaber from my belt. Dooku saw what I was doing and force pushed me back and jumped forward and quickly struck again, I tried my best to flip and dodge Dooku's attack and try to strike him from a place he wouldn't be expected. 

"Zara!" I shouted once I saw my opening. 

I locked Dooku's lightsaber in a hold with my left hand as my right hand was behind my back holding Zara's lightsaber out. With a tug, the lightsaber left my hand and soared into Zara's she ignited the dark green blade and sliced the control panel of the last bomb, a high pitch beep went off but there was no explosion. I pushed Dooku back and turned my full attention to fighting Dooku, Zara stood next to me holding her lightsaber in a fighting stance and Dooku smirked at both of us.

"I know I'll be seeing you soon, Skywalker," Dooku announced.

He shot force lightning at us and we both brought our lightsaber up and deflected it but as soon as the force lightning stopped Dooku jumped onto his ship that had flown over in the distraction, the ramp closed and the ship quickly took off and disappeared in the inky black sky. I sighed and turned my lightsaber off before placing it on my belt, Zara turned her lightsaber off as well and held it in her hands. 

"You were right, I can't keep running from my problems, but, I still don't want to go back. The force is calling me to stay here and do something else," Zara said.

"I understand, the force was calling my Padawan away at first but eventually the force called her back, I'm sure the same thing will happen to you someday," I replied bowing my head slightly.

"Thank you," she said bowing to me, "Without you, Stewjon wouldn't be like this now," 

"I didn't do anything, you came up with the plans and started this rebellion, think of my help as a bit of guidance," 

"So, will you stay around and give us some more guidance?" she offered.

"You don't need it anymore,"

"Well, if things don't work out with Temple life, you know where to find me," 

I nodded and she smiled at me before opening a pouch on her belt and pulling out a small bottle. She poured something onto her index finger and middle finger before grabbing my arm and holding it out with my palm facing up to the sky. She dragged her two fingers across my wrist and two dark blue, almost black, lines were stained to my skin.

"Something for you to remember me," she explained showing me the same two lines on the inside of her wrist. 

"I have a feeling I'll be seeing you in the future, something within the force is telling me," I said.

"Me too,"

The rest of the rebellion came running towards us cheering and Zac and Zara hugged while Owen clapped me on the back. 

"As much as we'd like to stay, we better get back before anyone notices we're gone," Owen announced to the group.

More hugs were shared between Owen, Eric and the other rebellion members before the three of us walked through the city and got on our speeders. We rode across the open plains of Stewjon and the sun was beginning to rise, I sighed and I knew that when we got back, I'd have a lot of explaining to do to Obi-wan and Ahsoka.

A/N: Sorry this chapter was short but thank you all for the comments and votes! They mean everything and give me motivation to write, I honestly thought no one would read this story so thank you! I try and update every day around 9:00 pm Australian time so yeah, new chapter tomorrow!