III

Anakin's POV

I blinked a few times and groaned as the white light on the ceiling blared down on my eyes, everything came into focus and I raised myself up onto my elbows.

"Take it easy," Obi-wan's voice said.

I blinked a few times before the force came back to me as well as my senses, Obi-wan was standing next to my bed and I looked at the machines in the room and clarified that I was in the medical ward, but I couldn't remember how I got there or what happened.

"You were hit by one of the darts," Obi-wan said as he saw the look of confusion on my face.

"Are you alright?" I asked looking over him to make sure.

"I'm fine Anakin and so is everyone else,"

I placed my defences back up in the force so Obi-Wan couldn't know what I was thinking through our force bond. I saw Rex standing against the wall holding an ice pack to his forehead.

"Are you alright Rex?" I asked looking at the Captain.

He smiled when he saw me and stepped up next to Obi-wan.

"You pack quite a punch General," he replied grinning.

"Don't worry, you didn't hurt anyone. You were too busy fighting me to focus on anyone else," Obi-wan interjected.

"Did I win?"

Rex chuckled and Obi-wan rolled his eyes but he couldn't hide the smile on his face.

"Weren't even close," Obi-wan replied.

Cody appeared in the doorway and knocked lightly.

"General, we need you down the hall," Cody stated.

Obi-wan glanced at me and I shot him a look saying 'if-you-ask-me-if-I'm-okay-then-I'll-murder-you' Obi-wan followed Cody down the hall and I flopped back onto the pillows.

"Sorry about your head," I said to Rex.

"Don't worry about it, it's not like I didn't punch you," Rex replied.

"That's not something a trooper get's to do everyday, you should feel honoured,"

Rex grinned and took the ice pack away from his forehead, there was a dark purple bruise towards the right side and I watched him carefully to see if he was in any pain. Rex gave me a reassuring look to say that he was okay and I smiled and looked up at the ceiling.

"So, did Obi-wan actually win the fight?" I asked grinning.

We were on board the same Republic cruiser that brought the 212th and the 501st here and Obi-wan was constantly shooting me looks and tried to see if I was okay through our force bond and it was getting unbearable. Obi-wan was currently talking to some clones from the 212th so I slipped up to the bridge and saw Rex standing over the holo table checking how much time until we left hyperspace.

"Hello General," Rex greeted.

"Hey Rex, how long have we got?" I asked.

"About 4 hours," he replied.

I nodded and checked to see if we had any transmission from the council or anyone else, it was empty like usual.

"It's so quiet without Commandor Tano," whispers one clone.

"There have been rumours that he tried to force her to stay and she had to run for it before he lost it at her," another added.

"I was hesitant to even come on this mission, apparently the Jedi Council thinks he's unstable and were hesitant to even give him a squadron to look after because he's so reckless,"