XXXVII

Anakin's POV

The last test had come sooner than expected and I was extremely nervous, this was the final test and I was only one step away from becoming a Jedi Master and Guardian. The other 3 Jedi Knights had already gone and fought and I was anxiously pacing around the room trying to calm the snakes that writhed around in my stomach. 

Finally, the horn blared and my legs felt like jelly as I walked towards the door and opened it, I looked at the mat and that's when I spotted Mace Windu standing where Obi-wan stood yesterday and Obi-wan was standing where Windu was standing.

"I should've expected this," I commented.

"I can sense a great deal of nerves in you, Young Skywalker," Windu replied.

The horn blared and we both walked to our sides, Obi-wan followed me and clapped me on the shoulder.

"Just concentrate, it's an amazing achievement for you to come this far," Obi-wan said.

"I know, I just think this is an excuse for Mace to decapitate me and make it look like an accident,' I muttered.

Obi-wan shot me a stern glare but he knew I was partially joking.

"You'll be fine," Obi-wan said before walking off to the edge of the mat.

We both ignited our lightsabers and the horn blared, we jumped forward meeting in the middle and I quickly fell into the defensive position which was not good for me. I found it hard to keep up with his attacks and unusual style and I found myself not really knowing what I was trying to do. With only a few minutes into the fight, my lightsaber was flicked out of my hand and rolled away on the other side of the mat. Windu and I immediately engaged in hand to hand combat and I managed to kick his legs out from underneath him, I did a dive roll for my lightsaber and grabbed it before jumping to my feet. I took a deep breath releasing all my nerves and letting the force aid me, I felt a sense of calm wash over me and my nerves disappeared. I jumped towards Windu and our lightsabers clashed together, I took the offensive and my arms moved without me really needing to think about it. 

After a while of fighting, I spun around and our lightsaber locked together making the ground vibrate underneath us. He was pushing upwards against my lightsaber and I was pushing his lightsaber down, we were both using as much effort as we could but in a second I pulled my lightsaber up slightly. Windu relaxed his guard and that's when I pushed down on his lightsaber again and to the left, his lightsaber twisted around in his hands and shot out of his grip, my left hand shot out in instinct and I caught it. Everything was silent for a second trying to process what happened but soon enough the crowd was screaming and the horn went off signalling the end. I turned off both the lightsaber and gave Windu back his, Windu smiled at me which was almost shocking to me but I kept the shock off my face.

"Well done, Skywalker," he commented bowing his head slightly.

I bowed my head back and Windu walked towards the room on the side, Obi-wan walked towards me and clapped me on the shoulder.

"You saw that right, Mace Windu actually smiled at me. It's a crazy day, the impossible has been achieved," I rambled kind of sarcastically.

"I think you're more shocked about him smiling at you than achieving the rank of Master," Obi-wan laughed.

"Trust me, it's a big deal," I joked.

We went into the room and like always the other Jedi Knights were in there along with the Jedi Council. I stood next to Adi Gallia who flashed a quick smile at me, she was radiating excitement through the force and pride. 

"Well done to all of you, you have all earned your way here and to even make it this far is a great accomplishment but unfortunately we can only take three members onto the Council. Librax Halcyon, your lightsaber was taken the quickest," Windu said.

Librax nodded and bowed his head respectfully.

"Thank you for this Masters, I would've liked to join the Council but I know the new members will bring great things," Librax said looking at us.

We all bowed our heads respectfully and Librax left the room, his force signature was depleted and full of sadness but I could tell he truly meant those words.

"Now, the Council has a few things to discuss, meet us in the Jedi Council room at 6:00 PM and we will decide what place as a Jedi Guardian you shall take," Plo Koon informed.

We all nodded and quickly left, the two girls, Adi Gallia and Depa Billaba were radiating excitement and happiness and they had a skip in there step as they went down the hallway. I was mainly shocked, I thought I'd have to wait until I was in my thirties to join the Council but here I am at 22 becoming a Jedi Master and Jedi Guardian. Mace Windu was the youngest person the join the Council, he joined at 28 years old and he's held the record for a while now but I guess it was going to change now. I've held a lot of records over the years, I was the oldest person to start training, the youngest person to become a Jedi Knight and I had the highest midi-chlorian count ever recorded. It all felt so surreal, if I told my 7-year-old slave self that I would become one of the greatest Jedi and break multiple records I would've thought I was crazy. 

6:00 PM

I stood outside the Council Room with Depa BIllaba and Adi Gallia waiting for them to call us inside. I nervously tapped my foot against the floor as we waiting, what if they changed there mind about me? The doors opened and we all walked inside and stood in the middle of the room, I caught Obi-wan eye and he grinned at me before Windu began speaking.

"You three have proven yourselves worthy to be on the Council, the three members that we lost would be proud of the Jedi Knights that are replacing them," Windu said, "As well as a seat on the Council you will all become Jedi Guardians, the Council has discussed this and we have agreed on a role for each of you," 

"Worthy, you all are, of a seat, on this Council. A good future, I see," Yoda stated, "Depa Billaba, Jedi Guardian, Temple security, you are, smart with the force, you are, and strong,"

"Thank you, Master Yoda," Depa replied bowing her head.

Windu gestured to a seat next to Plo Koon and she sat down in it, hiding her smile.

"Anakin Skywalker, a skilled pilot, you are, very in tune with the force, Jedi Guardian, starfighter, you have been granted," Yoda said.

"Thank you, Master," I said bowing as Depa had.

Windu nodded his head towards the empty seat next to Obi-wan, I walked towards and sat down. Obi-wan smiled at me and I flashed a quick grin back before turning to look at Adi Gallia who was still standing in the middle.

"Adi Gallia, Jedi Guardian, Peacekeeper, you are, need to solve conflict with your lightsaber, you do not. Reliant on the force to guide you, you are," 

"Thank you," Adi said bowing before taking the empty seat next to me.

"Council, full, it is, strong and powerful the Council is now, good things I sense for the future," Yoda said.

"What kind of good things?" Depa asked curiously.

"The end of the Clone Wars,"