XXVII

Anakin's POV

I reached the room with my lightsaber clutching tightly in my hand ready to ignite it at any moment. Palpatine had just finished sending a wave of powerful force lightning towards Obi-wan who was lying on the ground struggling to keep his eyes open, Kit Fisto, Ki Audi Mundi and Sarsee Tiin were lying dead on the ground with lightsaber wounds in there chest. Mace Windu was in the far left corner with his eyes barely open and his right hand was missing. Flashes of the vision I had before in the Temple flitted across my mind but I shook my head and focused on right now. Palpatine has shown his true form, his sith yellow eyes and the ghostly, sickly white skin with deep lines in his face. His lightsaber was in his hand and I eyed it warily gripping mine a bit tighter.

"Anakin, you have seen what my power can do," Palpatine began, "That's only half of what you could do, the only way you can achieve your full potential is through me. There would be nothing holding you back like the Jedi have been ever since you arrived, join me and you'll find the life greater than any other being in the galaxy,"

"What's in it for you?" I asked glaring at him moving my thumb closer to the button on my lightsaber.

"Together we can manipulate the midi chlorians to make whatever we want, we can take life away and rule over the galaxy with no effort. Every moment and decision in your life has been leading up to this. The Jedi has wasted your potential, they don't trust you as I have," he declared.

"A-Anakin, don't listen to him," Obi-wan gasped.

"It's up to you Anakin," Palpatine shouted.

I met Obi-wan's gaze and saw the pleading and begging look in his eyes and pain radiating from him as he struggled to keep his eyes open. 

"I wouldn't lie to you Anakin, everything you want can be achieved through me, let me help you," Palpatine offered.

I looked into the Sith yellow eyes and my grip on my lightsaber loosened, I felt Obi-wan try and reach out through the force but I blocked him out completely. I took a deep breath and my grip slipped on my lightsaber even more and through the force I sensed Obi-wan's dread growing.

"You were my brother Anakin! I loved you,"

I tightened my grip on my lightsaber again and ignited the dark blue blade looking up and glaring at Palpatine. 

"I've seen the future and that's not what you plan," I snapped.

"I thought you were smarter than that, such a shame a powerful life must be wasted," Palpatine sighed.

He ignited his red blade and I brought mine up to blow his blow, his fighting style was unlike anything I have experienced before and I had to take up the defensive while I studied his fighting style. His style was old a little bit like Count Dooku's but in many ways, it was also different. The dark side clouded everything and it was almost suffocating and I found it hard to draw on the light side of the force. 

I was pushed back against the wall still blocking the dangerous blows from the powerful Sith Lord and I ducked and twisted around him to get out of that position. I ducked and dodged his blows and our lightsabers met every so often but I was clearly stalling slightly.

Our blades locked together in a hold and Palpatine was using the dark side to push his blade further down towards my neck. I called to the force trying to grasp any part of the light side of the force I could but the darkness drowned it all out, I felt myself losing hope but I pushed back with as must strength as I could muster. 

"You know that deep down, you weren't made for this life," Palpatine sneered, "You just got lucky that your Master made a promise to a dying man. And you know that deep down Qui Gon's death was your fault, I can feel your guilt,"