XXXV

Obi-wan's POV

The third trial was today and I had a strong feeling that Anakin would be fine, the force has been with Anakin as soon as he took his first breath and people believe that Anakin was conceived by the force as there was no father but no one knows for sure.

I was sitting at the top of the stands with the other Jedi Council members and we were all watching closely looking at each Jedi Knights techniques while dealing with the battle droids and the gunfire. So far only one Jedi Knight had failed but the others had done a good job and passed the trial in a few minutes. 

The horn blared and the crowd went crazy as Anakin walked onto the large mat, two squadrons of battle droids were on either side of him holding guns. Anakin gave his lightsaber to Plo Koon who was standing on the edge of the mat in case something went wrong. The horn blared again and the droids immediately began firing, a blue-tinged shield appeared on his right and I saw Anakin's confused face but then brushed it off and turned to face the droid wave to his left. The droids on the right side fired at the transparent blue-tinged shield but the shield absorbed the blast and grew stronger as the shield slightly rippled. 

Anakin brought half of the droids into the air and crushed them into and ball and barreled it into the other half. There were still a few remaining droids that were firing at him but his stopped the bullets and sent them back towards the droids that had fired them, Anakin turned to face the shield side and the droids were still firing at it. I leaned forward in fascination, the only time I had seen the shield appear was when I was half-conscious while he was fighting Sidious. The shield had built up power and Anakin flicked his hand out and the shield shot forward dismantling the droids as it passed them and once the shield had dismantled all the droids it just vanished into thin air. The crowd started cheering like crazy and the Jedi Council Members shared looks with each other, it was clear none of us was expecting Anakin to do something like that and from Anakin's face, I could tell that he didn't mean to do that either. Plo Koon gave him his lightsaber and they walked towards the door that led to a smaller room with the other Jedi Knights that had passed. The Council got up and went down the staircase and headed towards the room, Aayla Secura and I both walked down together, throughout all the trials I found myself talking to her a lot, mainly because we both had former Padawans doing the trials and shared the same views on most things.

We entered the room and only 5 Jedi Knights remained in the trials, Master Windu did his usual speech of how they did a good job and a few other Jedi Masters offered compliments before Windu began to explain what they had to do next.

"For the next part, you will have to fight two other people, we won't tell you who they are but you will be fighting one of them tomorrow and the other the day after that. You can use the force and your lightsaber and your aim is to take the other person's lightsaber while still holding onto your own," Windu explained.

"Will we all be fighting the same person?" a Jedi Knight Depa Bilaba asked.

"Yes, the times will be staggered again and you shall receive your time over comm," he replied smiling warmly at her.

Depa was kind of Windu's apprentice, Depa completed most of her training with her Master Kazdan Paratus but he died before Depa's training was finished. Windu was close friends with Kazdan so he took on Depa to finish her training and out of all the Jedi, Windu acted the nicest towards her.

The small group of Jedi Knights left leaving the Council left in the room.

"Kenobi are you sure you want to do this? Skywalker was your apprentice and one might question you in case you're biased while fighting him," Even Piell asked.

"I assure you, I will put in the same amount of effort as I do with the other Jedi Knights," I replied.

"And with you as well Master Windu, I know that Depa was your Padawan for a little bit," Piell continued.

"The judge of that, the Council will be. Positive, I am, fair fight, it will be," Yoda interrupted before Windu could say anything.

"Very well," 

The Council left the room and went different ways in the hallway, I sighed and walked towards the training room. When I entered the 5 Jedi Knights were in there training as well as a few Padawans with there Masters, I spotted Ahsoka and Anakin in the far corner and Anakin was teaching her a lightsaber spin move that we both used often. It was quite advanced but I knew Ahsoka could handle it, even though she wasn't my Padawan she kind of felt like it sometimes. I made my way over to them and leaned against the wall as I watched Ahsoka try and copy Anakin's movements. 

Ahsoka gave a frustrated sigh and Anakin quickly reassured her and did it slowly and Ahsoka copied him and managed to perform the lightsaber spin move very slowly and with a few flaws. 

"Can you show me how it looks in normal speed again?" Ahsoka asked.

Anakin nodded and stepped back slightly holding his lightsaber. His lightsaber swung down and behind his back before coming forward and spinning in front of him, I smiled when he repeated the move. It wasn't an actual lightsaber move, it was something Anakin and I came up with when he was a Padawan when we were bored. No other Jedi used that move and it was a kind of unique blend of Anakin's fighting style mixed in with mine.

"I see you're teaching Ahsoka our spin move," I said stepped onto the mat. 

Anakin turned off his lightsaber and grinned when he saw me walking towards them.

"It could come in handy one day," he replied.

"I'm sorry, your spin move?" Ahsoka asked looking between the two of us.

"Anakin and I created this lightsaber spin when he was 13, we were both extremely bored and he managed to rope me into making up something," I explained.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"That definitely sounds like something you two would do," she sighed, "But I don't think I can do it, my lightsaber feels like it's going to fall out of my hand,"

"When you start doing it faster it'll start to feel more natural," Anakin reassured her.

"Can you two show me what it's supposed to look like?" she asked.

"Not today," we both replied at the same time. 

We both looked at each other with a raised eyebrow and Ahsoka burst into a fit of giggles. We both turned to look at Ahsoka who had turned away still laughing, I gave Anakin a questioning look and he shrugged.

"So, is there any particular reason you're here?" Anakin asked.

"Aren't I allowed to see my former Padawan and Grand-Padawan?" I asked in a fake offended voice.

"Yes, you are, but I know it's not the reason you're here,"

"For once you're actually right, I'm just here to do some training when I spotted you two. It's been a little bit since Sidious' death and the Separatists are starting to pop up again," I half lied.

Anakin nodded and Ahsoka had finally recovered from her fit of giggles.

"Are we going to be going on a mission soon?" she asked.

"I think so, some Jedi are already after the Separatists that have popped up but I'm sure the bigger groups will appear next week," 

Ahsoka nodded and Anakin sighed and spun his lightsaber hilt around in his hand.

"Well, I better go train, I'll see you tomorrow Anakin," I said, "And good luck for the next part,"

"Thanks, Master," he called back.