XXXI

1 week later

Obi-wan's POV

I had finished teaching a class about the history of the force and the midi-chlorians, it was the last lesson of the day for them and Ahsoka was in that class. I hadn't talked to her much since I was undercover for 6 months but she seemed to act friendly around me in today's lesson but it almost seemed too friendly, I was checking over her assignment and there were no sarcastic friendly banter between us like there usually was.

I left the classroom and turned the light off as I walked out into the hallway but that's when I noticed Ahsoka and Anakin facing each other further down in the hallway and they were both talking. I saw Anakin hold his hand and Ahsoka took it and then looked up at Anakin, Ahsoka threw herself at Anakin tackling him in a hug and Anakin staggered back a bit from the force but once the shock had worn off he hugged her back. 

Ahsoka let go of him and through our force bond, she was radiating the same happiness and hopefulness as before. I couldn't help but smile as the Master and Padawan pair walked towards me, Ahsoka was practically jumping with joy and even though she was 16 years old not much had changed from when she was 14. 

"Hello Master Kenobi," Ahsoka greeted cheerfully.

"I see someone's excited to begin training again," I stated.

Ahsoka grinned sheepishly but didn't deny it, her beaded Padawan braid was swinging happily as she jumped around. I smiled at the happy Padawan and Anakin was smiling next to me as we walked along, it was the first time Anakin's force presence felt troubleless since he fought Sidious. 

"You two walk so slowly," Ahsoka complained.

"What's the rush?" I asked.

"We're just going to do a bit of training, you know, to catch up on the past two years," Anakin replied.

"It's 8 pm Anakin," I tried to reason, "Plus you have a Council meeting early tomorrow morning with some other Jedi Knights,"

"I know, I promise we won't be up too late," Anakin said.

I rolled my eyes knowing that wouldn't be true but Ahsoka pulled Anakin down the hallway and I watched them disappear around the corner with a smile on my face. Yoda was right about those two, Ahsoka and Anakin were the perfect Master and Padawan duo and they both had the same enthusiasm and they were both kind of close in age, Anakin was only 6 years older than Ahsoka so they both had the same youthful energy.

I returned to my apartment and for the first time in a while, I felt like I was finally able to relax properly without worrying where Anakin was or if he was sleeping enough.

The next morning all the seats were filled with the exception of the three empty chairs of Kit Fisto, Ki Audi Mundi and Sarsee Tiin. It felt odd to not have Kit Fisto's presence beside me but I knew soon enough there would be a new member sitting in that chair.

The doors opened and 20 Jedi Knights walked into the room, most of them were in there mid-thirties but Anakin was amongst them. Despite all the other Jedi Knights been over 10 years older than him he was still the same height as them and even taller than some, he caught my eye and shot me a questioning look but I just glanced towards Yoda and Windu telling him to listen to them and they'll explain everything.

"3 spots, need filling on the Council, worthy candidates, you all are, difficult to chose, it is," Yoda began, "Come to a solution, we have,"

"We have put together some trials for you all to complete, all three of the members that we lost was a Jedi Guardian of some sort so you'll need to fill that position as well but first you need to pass a basic test to see if you can move onto those three trials. So, tomorrow you'll be doing lightsaber combat with one other person from the group, the winner of the fight will move on to complete the three other trials, you'll have tonight to train,"

"Are we allowed to use the force in the lightsaber battle?" one Jedi Knight asked.

"You cannot force push the other opponent but you can use it to guide you in the fight," Windu replied, "Any other questions?"

No one said anything so the Council meeting was over, the Jedi Masters got up out of there chairs and everyone left the room. I waited for Obi-wan and raised an eyebrow.

"I thought the Council elected their members and they didn't have to do these trials or whatever these are," I said.

"They do, but you all have potential in different ways and the Council couldn't decide so we came up with this solution that's all I can tell you," Obi-wan replied.

"And why exactly am I here? I mean, I'm glad but I thought the Council thought I was too 'young' and unable to handle it or something like that," 

"I told you, Master Windu watched you save his life, that definitely changes your opinion on someone," 

"Skywalker," Windu said.

I raised an eyebrow at Obi-wan but turned around to face Windu, the rest of the group kept walking but Windu and I stood facing each other in the hallway.

"After everything that has happened with Darth Sidious I have had to reconsider a lot of things, including my opinion on you. You've always had the ability to join the Council since you were around 17 but I thought that it would've been too much for you to handle but after seeing your persistence and quick thinking while fighting Sidious I think you can handle this," Windu explained, "And, I also wanted to thank you for saving my life, you didn't have to but you did and you have gained my trust and respect. Though your methods of doing some things and your habit of breaking the rules is questionable, I think I can live with that," 

"Yes Master and thank you," I replied.

We both bowed our heads and continued walking down the elevator towards the elevator.

"You should do some training, some of these Jedi Knights have interesting styles and they shouldn't be underestimated," Windu warned.

"Yes Master," I replied.

I've fought and defeated the most dangerous sith lord of our time so how hard could it be to fight a Jedi Knight that's around 13 years older than me. Well, mix that in with a bunch of people watching, the Jedi Council watching and people automatically thinking you'll do good because of your reputation it turns into nerves and a complete mess.