XIII

Obi-wan's POV

"Anakin," I said.

His eyes opened and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Just making sure you didn't fall asleep," I replied.

"All done, you shouldn't do too much activity while your ribs are healing but walking around should be fine," Cody said.

"Thank you, Cody," I responded nodding at him.

"It's not a problem,"

He moved over to Anakin with the med-pack and I got up and sat on Anakin's left he raised an eyebrow at me but didn't say anything.

"I'm making sure you're not going to make a run for it," I half-joked.

Cody pulled off Anakin's boot and rolled up his pant leg and pulled off the black sock, his ankle was purple and black and so swollen it was a miracle that Anakin managed to walk around on it for a week. Cody inspected it and just by touching it, it made Anakin wince in pain.

"The bone is definitely broken and I'm going to have to set it into the right position again," Cody declared.

"You're joking," Anakin said.

"I'm afraid not, if I don't reset it then it could grow back wrong and leave some lasting damage," Cody explained.

"This is definitely revenge for resetting Cutup's knee," Anakin mumbled.

"You can squeeze as hard as you want," I said grabbing Anakin's left hand.

Anakin drew his right knee up to his chest as Cody tried to figure out the best way to reset it. 

"This brings back memories," I said.

"I'd rather forget about that," Anakin winced.

"You've had to reset a bone before?" Rex asked me.

"We were on a mission and Anakin about 11 and we were on the second story, the Queen's crown fell off and Anakin jumped off the balcony to save it and broke his arm. There was no medical services there so I had to reset it," I recounted, "It's also one of the reasons Alderaan is a close partner with Coruscant today,"

"Okay, are you ready?" Cody asked Anakin.

He nodded and Cody counted down and then there was a sicking sound, Anakin crushed my hand in his strong grip and all my knuckles cracked in an instant. Anakin scrunched up his face in pain but then took a deep breath and let out a string of curse words in Huttese.

"Uh what was that?" Rex asked.

"Huttese," I replied. 

"I didn't know he spoke Huttese," Rex stated, "Do you understand the language?"

"Not a clue, I just now that those are curse words that the Jedi Council would not like to hear," I responded. 

Anakin let out a deep breath and Cody had just finished wrapping up Anakin's ankle in gauze to hold it in place. 

"One time Anakin was annoyed after I 'lectured' him so he only spoke Huttese to me for an entire week," I recounted.

"You literally spent the whole day lecturing me, and I did find my lightsaber," Anakin added.

"It looks like you have a mild concussion, sir," Cody said after looking at Anakin's head wounds and his eyes, "And hypothermia,"

I shrugged my cloak off and placed it on Anakin's shoulders, he tried to protest but I gave him a stern look and he rolled his eyes and relaxed back against the cave wall. Cody was now talking to Heavy, Echo and Fives in the corner and they burst into quiet laughter over something Echo had said.