XLVII

Anakin's POV

We dropped the other two men off at their houses before returning to Owen's house, thankfully everyone was still asleep as we snuck through the house and out the back door towards the ship. Owen told me all about the rebellion that had formed in this area and how he, Bazer and Erec were the only members of the rebellion that were left, Stewjon had decided to stay neutral in the war but the Separatists were attacking small areas like this to try and pressure the leader of Stewjon to cave in and join the Separatists. There were rebellions in most areas and Owen has been in contact with all of them, Bazer has heard the droids talking about mounting an invasion on the main city in Stewjon which was half a days journey away from here. 

"So is that why you've been talking to Rex so much?" I asked once we had reached the ship and sat down on the floor in the hanger area. 

"Yeah, Rex caught me sneaking out one night but I was in a hurry so he ended up following me, I explained everything to him and he understood. He speaks very highly of you and told me that you'd be able to help but, to be honest, I didn't trust a Jedi to help," Owen admitted, "Obi-wan seems like the type that follows protocol strictly and I doubt he would help a rebellion,"

"He fights for what he believes in, he's not too fond of rebellions as he prefers to find peaceful solutions to everything but if the droid attack is soon then the best strategy is to go defensive," I replied.

"Aren't you Obi-wan's Padawan?" Owen asked raising an eyebrow, "I thought you would be more like him, you know, following rules and trying to think things through clearly before acting. I mean, I've basically only just met him but I can tell he's that sort of orderly person,"

"I'm his former Padawan, just because I was his Padawan doesn't mean I'm like him. Nearly everyone says we're completely different and I agree with them, I don't think Obi-wan and I have anything in common," 

"So, will you help us defend the main city when the attack happens? The North rebellion is doing some scouting tonight to see if they can find out when the attack is happening," 

"I'll help, but Obi-wan's going to kill me if he finds out," I replied.

We shook hands and Owen helped me fix a part of the ship while the sun rose, over the dewy grass. Owen was surprisingly good at fixing things compared to Obi-wan and I learnt a bit more about him, he was a lot like Obi-wan but also reminded me of Rex a bit. 

Around 8:00 am Obi-wan came into the ship with three cups with lids on the top.

"I thought you might be here," Obi-wan said handing me one of the cups.

"Before you lecture me, I haven't been out here long," I lied.

I knew Obi-wan wouldn't believe me even if I was telling the truth but thankfully he didn't say any more on the matter. He passed Owen a cup before perching himself on one of the boxes in the hanger and sipping from his cup. I took a sip of caf before tightening a screw on the wall.

"I still have no idea how you drink that stuff," Obi-wan commented.

"I have no idea how you don't drink it," 

Obi-wan was a tea person, he absolutely hated caf and drunk tea at least twice a day. My caf addiction started when I was around 17 and was in the Padawan dorms, Obi-wan tried to get me to drink tea in the morning instead of caf and I could barely function, I remember at classes that day I fell asleep in Obi-wan's class so he called me to the front to read out the work I had done but since I had been sleeping I hadn't done anything. The class was expecting me to admit I hadn't done anything but in my half-dazed state I rambled on for about 15 minutes on how I don't drink tea and why caf is so much better and did a whole presentation on it. Obi-wan didn't know how to react or what to say, but classes were over after that so I left the room with the other Padawans. I was in an advanced class so all the people in there were 3 years older than me but a year after it happened people were still quoting it in Obi-wan's class. It was weird to think that all those people would've just become knighted or still be a Padawan at 25, I didn't see those people that often but when I did they'd shoot me weird looks, but I was used to it. But, after I did that presentation Obi-wan never made me drink tea or skip caf again, he disapproved of me drinking caf but he still kept some in a cupboard in his apartment. 

Obi-wan was clearly thinking of the same memory and he caught my eye and shook his head and rolled his eyes but I could see he was trying not to smile. Obi-wan ended up telling Owen about the story and by the end of it, we were in a heated tea or caf debate with Owen on Obi-wan's side. 

We would've argued about it for a lot longer but Rex and Ahsoka came out and ended the argument by changing the subject to something else. We talked about that topic for a while but in the end, it turned out to be Obi-wan and I just teasing and jokingly insulting each other. Obi-wan's sister came to the ship to tell us that lunch was ready and she stopped at the sight of Obi-wan and I 'arguing' while the others were dying of laughter on the ground, she rolled her eyes when we finally noticed her and shook her head.

"Do you two ever stop insulting each other, honestly, your like an old married couple," she muttered with a smile.

"You get used to it," Ahsoka agreed.

Sorry for the really crappy chapter but I had major writer's block while writing this, thank you for all the comments! I actually didn't think anyone would read this book and the comments are all so nice so thank you! New chapter will be out soon!