LII

A day later

Anakin's POV

Yesterday, when we arrived back to the Kenobi household, Obi-wan and his parents had a lot of questions for me and Owen. Owen and I explained a very basic version of what happened and basically said that there was going to be a small attack of the main city and we stopped it with some help from others. Obi-wan dragged me outside as Owen's parents continued to ask him questions and Obi-wan tried to get more of the truth out of me but I kept it concealed from him because I really didn't need a lecture right about now. He knew I was lying and Ahsoka knew it as well, I debated whether to tell her about what really happened but decided against it in case Obi-wan could find out what happened through Ahsoka's mind. 

The ship was finally fixed and Obi-wan was saying goodbye to his family as Rex and Ahsoka started up the ship. Owen and I shook hands before I climbed into the ship and walked into the cockpit, Rex was sitting in one of the back seats and Ahsoka was in the co-pilot seat.

"Are we ready to go?" Ahsoka asked.

"Obi-wan's still saying goodbye to his family," I replied. 

Ahsoka nodded and continued to run more checks on the ship as I walked back outside a stood at the edge of the ramp. Obi-wan walked towards the ship as his family stood outside watching him walk away, like the time when I left my mother to become a Jedi with Qui-Gon Jinn.

"Anakin, are you alright?" Obi-wan asked.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay? I could just make up some story to the Jedi Council for you if you want," I offered.

Obi-wan looked back at his family before looking at me and giving me a small smile.

"I'll come back to visit once the wars over, but right now, the force doesn't need me here," he said, "Let's go, the Council needs to know that we're not dead,"

Obi-wan walked onto the ship and I followed him closing the ramp, I jumped into the pilot seat and began firing up the ship. It lifted into the air and I turned the ship away as we rose into the air, we took off, flying up high into the sky and through the force, I could sense Zara wishing me well. 

We jumped into hyperspace and finally, we could relax, the people on Stewjon didn't have any transmissions with any other planets since they didn't want anything to do with the war so we haven't contacted the Council within 3 weeks so they'd probably be wondering where we are by now. 

After a few hours, we came out of hyperspace and Coruscant came into sight, it was day time in the city and as we entered the atmosphere we encountered another problem. This ship had no transmission device so we couldn't gain access to a proper landing strip which means we could either be shot down or they might let us land and then send a full security squad down to make sure we weren't some Separatist scum. 

Thankfully, no one started firing at us but as we landed on the landing strip I saw a squad of clones running out and stationing themselves with there guns pointed towards the door of our ship.

"Take your helmet off Rex," I commanded.

The clone captain listened to what I said and I hit the button for the ramp to come down, we walked down the ramp and the clones seemed to realise who we were and immediately lowered their guns and came over to us.

"Generals, are you alright?" one clone asked.

"We should get checked over by the medics to make sure, but we're all feeling okay right now," Obi-wan replied.

"That's good to hear, Appo has gone to get a gunship sent here to take you to the Jedi Temple," the clone responded. 

"Thank you," Obi-wan replied.

We walked off the landing strip and to the side of it near the communication tower as a gunship flew down in front of us. We stepped onto it and grabbed onto the handles before it took off towards the Jedi Temple, once it landed I begrudgingly followed Obi-wan, Ahsoka and Rex into the Healing Halls where a few healers looked over us and declared that I was fine. 

Obi-wan was still in the medical ward so I did the basic things like taking a shower and putting on my clean Jedi robes before sitting on the armrest of the chair in Obi-wan's medical room, Ahsoka was sleeping with her head propped up with her right hand and she looked exhausted. Obi-wan was getting his leg treated since it had an infection or something like that, it was a quick process but the healer had a lot of other patients to treat as well.

Ahsoka shivered in her sleep and moved her left arm tighter around her stomach, Obi-wan noticed as well and threw me a blanket. I caught it and unfolded it before placing it on her making sure she was covered, the Healer came back in and continued to treat Obi-wan's leg, Mace Windu and Yoda came in during it and we explained everything that happened while they filled us in on things that have been going on in Coruscant. 

They had found something on Tatooine like a droid base or something like that, a squadron of clones were out there now scouting it out for any sign of Dooku or anyone else that could be there. If Dooku was there and they were planning something then a few Jedi and a few squadrons of clones would go there to destroy the factory and hopefully Dooku. Everyone believed that after Dooku is killed then the war would be over, but I still sensed another dark presence that was growing stronger as time went by. 

Something was telling me that the war will still be going on for a while.