XX

(Anakin looks like this now ⬆⬆ the diagram below explains the names for different parts of the Jedi robes so you won't be confused when I talk about it in the story)

4 months later

Anakin's POV

Around 2 months ago the Jedi decided to switch back to the original Jedi robes instead of the armoured chest plates and the other protection plates since we were supposed to be 'peacekeepers'. I hadn't worn proper Jedi robes since I was a Padawan because after I was knighted the war started and that's when the council decided to change the Jedi robes to the protective gear. My protective gear was red and a dark navy blue and my Jedi robes when I was a Padawan were brown and black. 

I had new robes since I had grown out of my old ones, I had a grey undertunic and a black tunic over the top of that with two black leather tabards. I used the same black leather utility belt around my waist with a pouch and a place for my lightsaber. I still had the black leather glove that stopped just before my elbow on my right arm to cover the metal prosthetic, it had three buckles on it with silver clasps and I tucked the sleeve of my right arm into the glove. My loose-fitting pants were a dark brown almost black colour and my boots were made out of black leather and they stopped just before my knees. 

I looked at my appearance in the mirror and sighed, the cut on the outside edge of my right eye had scarred and there was nothing I could do to get rid of it. I didn't notice but my hair had grown a lot in these past few months, straying far from the Padawan hairstyle that had two years ago and it was kind of wavy/curly and a mousy brown colour. 

Yoda informed me a while ago that Obi-wan/Rako Hardeen had contacted them and explained that Count Dooku was making them assassinate people and they were working together with other bounty hunters but they didn't know what it was for. Thankfully, they were only stunning people and not actually killing them but Windu and Yoda were both wary and confused about why they would 'practice' assassinating people. Dooku had the Holocron and he tried to open it but only a Jedi could open it so he was getting frustrated. 

Palpatine called me into his office often within these past few months and he talked about the Jedi Council and I found myself agreeing on a few things but there were a few things that I disagreed or didn't say anything. 

The council was mainly sending me to some of the planets we had signed treaties with to see if there were any problems. Sometimes there were but most of the time nothing out of the ordinary had happened, with Count Dooku, occupied with the Bounty Hunters and people General Grievous dead there wasn't much to do. But in around half an hour I was going to the Separatists ship to rescue the Jedi that were on board and some of the clones that were left, turns out the Jedi that were chasing the Separatists tried to ambush them on their ship but it backfired and they were all captured, they only just managed to send the message to Coruscant before a droid shot the Jedi Knight and killed him. 

"Master Skywalker, the Chancellor has requested you to go for his office immediately," a Padawan in the hallway told me.

"All right, thank you," I replied.

The Padawan ran off and I changed direction and went up to the top floor and the two guards outside the Chancellor's office opened the doors for me.

"Ah, Anakin my boy, thank you for coming so quickly, I have a meeting in a few minutes but I had to talk to you before you left for your mission to rescue the Jedi from the Separatists," he greeted.

"How did you know about the mission?" I asked.

"I hear a lot of clones talking about their missions in the hallways and I heard about your mission from one of the clones from the 501st," he replied.

I nodded and the Chancellor cleared his throat and sighed before sitting down at his desk chair.

"The Separatists are far too dangerous to be taken into custody, there would be no point in capturing them. There are far too many of them for that and while they're alive the war will continue. I heard that two of the head Separatists leaders are on board," the Chancellor began.

"With all due respect, I think it's best if we take them into custody first. Killing is not the Jedi way especially if they are unarmed," I replied already knowing what he was implying.

"Of course, I know it's against the Jedi Order but with the two Separatist leaders dead then we could possibly win the war. Remember what I told you before, to win the war sometimes we'll have to bend the rules and if we want to win rather than the sith then we can't always follow the Jedi Code," Palpatine sighed, "I know that you, Anakin, aren't one for sticking to the rules and like I said, you have the power to win the war if the Jedi weren't holding you back,"

I thought about what he was implying but before I could say anything there was a knock at the door, Padme appeared and I could sense her confusion through our force bond when she saw me in his office.

"Good Evening, Chancellor, I believe we must head to a meeting now," she said.

"Of course, I just wanted to wish Master Skywalker good luck on his mission before he left," he replied.

"From experience, I don't think he needs luck," Padme replied giving me a small smile.

"Very true, Senator Amidala," Palpatine chuckled, "Well I better be on my way, may the force be with you, Skywalker," 

"Thank you, Chancellor," I said bowing my head slightly.

I walked towards the room and nodded my head at Padme.

"Senator," I said respectfully.

She nodded her head back slightly and through our force bond I sensed her worry for me.

"Be careful on your mission, I love you," she said through the force bond.

"I will, I love you too," I replied.

I was in the hallway now and I looked back at Padme who was now talking with the Chancellor. I sighed once I got into the elevator and looked at the time on the wall, by the time I got the hanger it would be time to leave for the mission. 

I thought about what the Chancellor said and I knew he had a point, getting rid of the leader Separatists could change a lot in the war. We already had Jedi chasing the smaller Separatist groups so maybe we could end the war earlier on.