XIX

2 weeks later

Anakin's POV

It had been quiet after Obi-wan's death, the Council had given me 2 weeks off after his funeral. People were watching my every move waiting for me to burst out and leave the Jedi Order or something dramatic but that didn't happen. When I reached out with the force through our force bond it was empty and silent like the one with Qui Gon's was and when I went further I was stopped by heavy shields. I tried to get past them but they were incredibly strong, I didn't think when you died your shields would still be up. I also noticed Yoda and Windu keeping an extra close eye on me, well, Windu always kept a close eye on me because he hated me and wanting to catch me doing something against the order so he could expel me. Well, that's what I thought, I didn't know for certain but he certainly gave off that vibe around me and a little bit around Obi-wan.

Something was definitely going on, I knew Obi-wan wasn't dead but I couldn't prove it in any way and I didn't want to confront the two Jedi Masters on the topic. Then again there was that voice in the back of my mind telling me that Obi-wan was dead and I was just in a denial phase and Padme thought that as well when I told her how I didn't think Obi-wan was dead. 

I frowned and sighed in frustration, Obi-wan has survived much worse than this before and the blast didn't even hit his heart, it was sort of around his shoulder area. His force presence didn't fade away like it was supposed to either when I reached out through the bond his presence was still there like always and it had been 3 weeks since he died.

After the murder of Agen Kolar, I remember his force presence fade rapidly until it had disappeared completely. I had only been 14 and I was on a mission with him and Obi-wan but something happened which made us split up, and I was with Agen Kolar, we were surrounded by a bounty hunters army sort of thing and they were all shooting at us. I only just managed to block some of the bullets but Agen was shot down, that was the first death I had experienced and I freaked out and the force blew all of the people away and their guns went flying even further than them. I remembered kneeling down beside the Jedi Knight that I didn't even know too well, he told me to go and find Obi-wan and run, I tried to argue but he said death was a natural cause and it was a common part of a Jedi's life, he told me I had to move on and not look back. It was one of the greatest lessons I've learned in life and with the clone wars millions of people were dying. If I heard the news of a Jedi Master or Knight that had died I'd pay my respects like all the other Jedi and keep moving, some Jedi Masters took every death harshly and most of the other knights took deaths harshly. Turns out not many people had the same lesson I had when Agen was dying in front of me. 

There were deaths that I took harshly, like the death of half my clone squadron and the death of my mother. Those were my fault and it was hard to get over those deaths knowing that's it's my fault but that was apart of war and it didn't stop or slow down for anyone. 

Palpatine had called me into his office and expressed his deepest condolences for Obi-wan's death and he talked about how Jedi should be allowed to get revenge if the person deserved it and I found out Palpatine didn't like most of the Jedi Code and most of the things he didn't like were the same things as me. I didn't stay long in the Chancellor's office because I needed to distract myself before I began overthinking the Jedi Order and Obi-wan's death.

I was sitting in my cold, empty apartment with the blinds still drawn shut. I don't think I've opened the blinds in years since I was never in the apartment. 

My comm finally beeped and I answered it straight away standing up ready for an assignment or anything to distract myself from the thoughts building up.

"Dooku and Grievous have escaped, we need you at the main exit to guard that," Windu explained quickly.

"On it," I replied.