XXVI

Anakin's POV

"I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new empire!" I shouted.

"Your new Empire?" Obi-wan said.

"Don't make me kill you,"

"Anakin my allegiance it to the Republic to democracy!" he shouted.

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy," I hissed.

"Only a sith deals in absolutes, I will do what I must," 

"You will try,"

I jumped back ignited my lightsaber, we were locked in a furious battle. I was pushing Obi-wan back and our blades met so often it was a blur of white in the middle. We knew each others moves from years of training together and fighting but all those times we never prepared to fight each other like this. 

We moved through into the base where a bunch of dead Separatists lay on the floor with lightsaber marks on their chests.

We fought out of the base and over lava, we swung on ropes and landed on a floating platform and my eyes were sith yellow and full of hatred. Obi-wan's face fell and I could sense the dread in him building up.

"I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you," he said.

"I should've known the Jedi were plotting to take over!" I shouted spinning my lightsaber around in my hand as we used the force to move the platforms over the lava.

"Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil!" Obi-wan screamed.

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" 

"Well then you are lost!"

We were separated by a rock poking out from the lava beneath us but came together.

"This is the end for you my master," I hissed.

I jumped over Obi-wan and landed behind him on his platform, I tried to strike him down but he blocked all my blows. I tried to swipe at his legs but he jumped off the platform landing on a mountain of ash on the bank of the lava.

"It's over Anakin! I have the high ground," he exclaimed.

"You underestimate my power," I snapped.

"Don't try it," he begged.

I jumped and went to flip over him but his lightsaber slashed cut off my legs and arm. I rolled down the bank of ash and stopped near the edge. My mechanical hand was trying to grip the ash and pull myself away from the edge but I was slipping down.

"You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy the Sith not join them!" Obi-wan screamed the emotion clear in his voice, "Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!"

"I hate you!" I screamed with venom laced in my voice. 

Obi-wan grabbed my lightsaber that I had dropped and walked further up the ash mountain and looked back at me close to tears.

"You were my brother Anakin," he cried, "I loved you,"

The fire caught on the remains of my legs and burned up my back, I screamed and Obi-wan turned around and walked away. Everything turned black and all I could hear was a mechanical sound of someone breathing through a respirator. I saw a tall figure dressed in black and a mask over his face.