XXX

Anakin's POV

His lightsaber lay in front of the plaque and I sighed as I looked down at it, when I was first constructing my lightsaber Obi-wan had gotten Qui Gon's lightsaber from here to show me the design. I hadn't seen it since then but I still remembered it as well as my own, it's been 12 years since he died and since he freed me from slavery and I never got to thank him for it. Qui Gon had argued against the Council to allow me to be trained as well and then he made Obi-wan promise he'd train me as his dying wish.

"You know that deep down, you weren't made for this life," Palpatine sneered, "You just got lucky that your Master made a promise to a dying man. And you know that deep down Qui Gon's death was your fault, I can feel your guilt,"

Palpatine was right, when I was younger I felt guilty about his death, especially at the start when Obi-wan was still trying to adjust to his Master's death. I also knew that Obi-wan didn't want to train me and he only did it because he made that promise to Qui Gon.

"It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!" Obi-wan said from the mountain of ash.

"You underestimate my power," I replied.

"Don't try it," he begged.

The searing sharp pain as he cut off my legs and remaining arm off. The mechanical breathing of the monster that I become and then striking him down years later.

I snapped out of my vision as I heard someone speak, I looked to my left and Obi-wan was standing there in his Jedi Robes.

"Master, I thought you were still in the med bay," I said confused.

"I was out of the bacta yesterday and they kept me there for the night. But I'm absolutely fine now and I've been looking for you all day, I didn't expect you to be here but I ran into Ahsoka and she told me where she last saw you," Obi-wan explained.

I nodded and Obi-wan glanced down at the grave and sighed, we walked back towards the door in silence and I kept trying to get those stupid visions out of my head. I did glance down at Obi-wan's lightsaber a few times as we walked out of the graveyard room but quickly scolded myself, Obi-wan wasn't going to cut off all my limbs, at least, not right now.

"Are you alright? You've been quiet," Obi-wan said.

"Y-Yeah, just trying to process everythings that's happened over the past few days," I lied.

"Yes, even though I was only half-conscious for the fight I must admit some of the things you did I've never even heard of before, and even Master Yoda hasn't even seen or heard of anything like the things you did," 

"Have we heard anything about Dooku?" I asked changing the subject.

"No, not yet. We think he might've gone into hiding, since the Chancellor was his Master and Dooku was simply doing everything that he told him," Obi-wan replied.

I nodded and we left the room and walked down the hallway.

"What's bothering you?" Obi-wan asked suddenly.

I stayed silent for a moment debated whether I should tell him about my visions or the thing Palpatine said to me. 

"If Qui Gon hadn't made you promise to train me, you wouldn't have trained me, would you?" I asked.

Obi-wan frowned but then sighed and rubbed and hand down his face.

"If I'm being completely honest, no, I don't think I would have," Obi-wan replied, "But every day I'm glad I made that promise, I don't have any regrets and you've made me so proud,"

"Thank you Master, for everything. I know that you weren't ready to take on an apprentice after everything that had happened and I know I made things difficult and I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you," 

Obi-wan stopped walking and I stopped and turned around to face him, through our force bond I could sense the gratitude coming from him.

"You've become a far greater Jedi than I could ever hope to be, I definitely can't take all the credit because you've almost trained yourself in a way. But training you was one of the best things I've done in my life and you've taught me almost the same amount as I've taught you,"

"Thank you, Master, for everything,"

We both bowed to each other and Obi-wan clapped me on the shoulder and we walked down the hallway again. 

"Master Windu might track you down later, he's still in disbelief about you saving his life. He's also got a prosthetic hand so he might ask for some tips on that," Obi-wan warned.

"Got it, I guess I'll be seeing you around here," I said. 

"Yes, I think the first Council meeting is tomorrow so you might be called in," 

I nodded and Obi-wan went in one direction as I went up to my apartment, the furniture was still overturned but I couldn't be bothered to straighten everything again. I took my cloak off and threw it on my bed before collapsing onto it and falling asleep.

I was standing in the hallway waiting as a familiar presence came closer, the sound of the respirator helping me breath echoed around the hallway. The red screens of my mask slightly clouded my vision but I saw the person come around the corner, he stopped when he saw me and ignited his blue lightsaber, hatred flooded through me as I remembered him cutting off my limbs and leaving me to die on Mustafar and I ignited my red blade.

"I have been waiting for you Obi-wan," I said in a deep robotic-like voice that definitely didn't sound like my own, "We meet again at last. The circle is now complete when I left you I was but the learner but now I am the Master,"

"Only a Master of evil Darth," Obi-wan replied.

He looked older, his beard and hair were white but it was unmistakeably Obi-wan. Our lightsabers crashed together and my hatred was flooding through me making each hit stronger, I was going to make Obi-wan pay for what he did to me. After a few hits we broke apart and I glared at him from under my mask.

"Your powers are weak old man!" I spat.

"You can't win Darth, if you strike me down I can become more powerful than you can possibly imagine," Obi-wan retorted.

We were locked in a lightsaber hold and I could see the guilt and sorrow in his eyes, but I wasn't going to take pity on him.

"You shouldn't have come back," I hissed.

We continued to fight and eventually, I found an opening and stabbed Obi-wan in the chest. His last moments were frozen on his face and he fell onto his knees.

"I'm sorry, Anakin, I failed you," the old man gasped.

"Anakin Skywalker is dead, you killed him on Mustafar," I yelled.

"He's still in there, you know it,"

Obi-wan fell forward and then his body disappeared leaving his cloak and lightsaber lying on the ground...

I woke up with a start and a rapid beeping sound was going off it was my alarm clock, I calmed my breathing down and turned my alarm off. Since we had no missions to go on I didn't need to be up by a certain time, I shot my alarm clock an annoying glance but I was also grateful that I had woken up from my nightmare. 

I got up and ran my hands through my sweaty hair, I stumbled out into the kitchen area and took a few deeps breathes to reassure myself that I wasn't Vader and I could breathe properly.