XXXVI

Obi-wan's POV

The next day had come quicker than expected and soon enough I had already fought 4 of the Jedi Knights, I managed to get all of there lightsabers off them so far but I still had to fight Anakin. The Jedi Council was watching from the top of the stands and they were seeing how long it took for them to lose their lightsaber, the Jedi that lost their lightsaber in the shortest amount of time will be eliminated. 

I stood on the edge of the large mat and the crowd was chatting excitedly, the horn went off and I saw the door open and Anakin walked out. He spotted me as he stepped onto the mat and I could sense his confusion. Mace Windu was standing next to me to explain the rules to Anakin. The crowd was deafening and the commentator did his usual introduction of Anakin before the crowd quieted down a little bit.

"All you need to do is try and get Master Kenobi's lightsaber while holding onto your own," Windu explained, "You can use the force but none of that force shield thing that you did yesterday,"

Anakin nodded and glanced at me before looking back to Windu.

"Won't people think it's a little biased?" Anakin asked.

"Don't worry about it, the Council will decide and watch you two closely to see if they think Obi-wan's holding back," 

Anakin nodded and the horn blared, Windu walked off the mat and stood on the edge and Anakin and I both walked to opposite sides of the mat.

"This is it, the fight of the decade, Master versus former apprentice," the commentator announced.

I ignited my bright blue lightsaber and Anakin ignited his dark blue one. We both locked eyes before the horn blared, we both moved forward and met in the middle. I was expecting Anakin to take the offensive as usual but he almost immediately went into defensive and didn't even try to get on the offensive which made my curiosity spike. I continued to push him back and he was carefully blocking every strike and blow, I frowned slightly at his fighting technique. His style was usually fast and involved a lot of spinning and maneuvering his lightsaber around his body but he was doing the complete opposite which was throwing me off a bit. 

After a while of this confusing technique he was using we were finally locked in a lightsaber hold, the contrast between the different shades of blue on our lightsabers was more noticeable now. Anakin pushed me back and I stumbled but regain my footing, he quickly moved forward and delivered a series of attacks in his quick pace. I quickly realised the slow defence at the start was just to throw me off and he was waiting for the right opportunity to gain the offensive. Anakin's dark blue blade spun around and hit mine so often that our lightsabers just looked like a blue bar of light to me. I knew all of Anakin's moves and was able to block them quickly while getting a few strikes in myself. We had come to a stop on the edge of the mat and that's when we both did our lightsaber spin move that we made up, our lightsaber spun around the side and then behind us before coming around and spinning at the front before connecting. A sound like thunder echoed around the place as we were locked in a lightsaber hold, I managed to push Anakin back and I jumped up in the air. I grabbed his lightsaber but he reached up and grabbed mine at the same time, I landed and we both stopped looking to Windu to see if we keep fighting or stop. He gestured for us to continue and I looked down at Anakin's lightsaber that was almost as familiar as my own, it only slightly vibrated in my hand and the grip felt familiar in my hand. I looked back up and Anakin readied my lightsaber, we both engaged in the fight again and I felt the force flowing through the lightsaber guiding my movements, it seemed so light which made my attacks stronger, it almost felt like the force was just moving me and I didn't even know what I was doing. We stood in the middle of the mat fighting over who gets the offensive, our lightsabers were held above our heads hitting each other and at the same time we both kicked each others lightsaber up into the air. Anakin immediately kicked the back of my knee and I fell down, he tried to jump away from me but I swept his legs out from underneath him. He landed on his back and I quickly stood up and looked in the air for the lightsabers, he did a kip-up and kicked me in the chest just as I spotted the lightsabers. He jumped up and did a backflip grabbed the two lightsabers and landed igniting them both, the crowd began screaming and the realization dawned on Anakin. He straightened and turned off the lightsabers and walked over to me before pulling me to my feet.

"You alright?" he asked.

"It'll take more than a kick in the chest to hurt me," I replied.

"I was talking about your pride," he said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes but clapped him on the shoulder, I couldn't help but be proud of my former apprentice who never won a match against me when he was 18. He held out my lightsaber and I smiled and took it back. 

"Your lightsaber is quite strange," I commented.

"I could say the same about yours," he replied.

Windu walked over to us and told us to go back into the room, we followed him back into the room and I caught Ahsoka waving at us from the stands. We went inside the room where the other Jedi Knights and the Council were already waiting.

"A good fight, you all put up, unfortunate one of you must go, all of them, a fair fight, it was, disagree do any of you?" Yoda asked the Council.

"I believe that Master Kenobi was harder on Young Skywalker than the rest of them," Aayla Secura stated.

A few other members agreed and Anakin raised an eyebrow at me but he was still grinning.

"A good standard, it was, for Young Skywalker," Yoda said.

"I agree," Windu said, "Any other objections?" 

No one said anything so Windu turned and addressed the Jedi Knights.

"Shicus Guntrin, I'm sorry but your lightsaber was disarmed the quickest," Windu informed.

The Jedi Knight bowed his head and nodded.

"I understand, thank you, Masters, for the opportunity to get a chance at this," Shicus responded.

We all bowed our heads in respect and Shicus left the room and wishing the remaining Jedi Knights good luck. There were now 4 Jedi Knights left and one more test which was tomorrow and I could tell they were all slightly nervous.

"There will be another fight like this one tomorrow so you better be prepared," Windu said.

The four Jedi Knights nodded and then left shortly afterwards to go train again.