XLII

Anakin's POV

We landed in a large field in Stewjon and a sandstone dome-shaped house was a little ways away, the grass was a lush green colour and it flourished under the sunlight. There was a cluster of trees not far away from our ship and they swayed gently under the cool breeze, everything here just seemed peaceful and calm. There was a pathway in the grass that led to the house but two people were already walking down it, I reached out with the force and it only took a few seconds for me to realise where we were exactly. 

"Ahsoka, Rex, come help me with something in the ship," I said.

Ahsoka and Rex walked back up the ramp of the ship and I glanced at Obi-wan who shot me a grateful look. I gave him a small smile that simply said 'good luck' before walking back up the ramp and into the ship.

We went into the cockpit and I opened a hatch in the wall and quickly instructed Ahsoka and Rex on what wires needed to be fixed and they quickly got to work. I could hear Obi-wan talking to the two people outside and a lot of emotion was radiating through the force around them.

"We're going to need proper tools to fix the hyperdrive and engine, Master," Ahsoka stated from the other side of the cockpit.

"I know, but we'll try and fix the things we can now," I replied.

"Is Master Kenobi alright? We sort of just left him to negotiate with those two people,"

"I think you'll understand why we did a bit later on,"

Ahsoka gave me a curious look but I turned back to the wires and began fixing them again, Rex and Ahsoka shared a look but returned to what they were fixing. After a while, Obi-wan's voice rang out calling us out of the ship, we walked back down the ramp and into the sunlight. Two adults stood there, women and a man who kind of resembled Obi-wan and I knew my prediction was correct.

"This is Captain Rex of the 501st, Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker," Obi-wan introduced.

"Pleased to meet you," Ahsoka said stepping forward and shaking their hands.

"Ahsoka meet my parents, William and Elenor Kenobi," 

Ahsoka's eyes went wide and her jaw dropped slightly, she looked to me for confirmation and I nodded slightly.

"We're more than happy to help you all and you can make yourselves at home," Elenor responded giving us a warm smile. 

She had blonde hair and fair skin with freckles on her face and bright blue eyes while Obi-wan's father, William, had auburn hair and deep blue eyes that looked exactly like Obi-wan's that it was almost unnerving. Anyone could see the resemblance between Obi-wan and his parents and even their personalities were similar, in the force I could sense that both of his parents were strong in the force but they weren't Jedi.

"Obi-wan's told us about the situation, come inside, you all must be exhausted," William said.

We followed William and Elenor inside and Obi-wan and I trailed at the back walking a bit slower than the others. My unasked question hung in the air and Obi-wan seemed to know what I wanted to ask.

"They did recognise me, they've been keeping up with all the reports that the republic dish out so they knew it was me," Obi-wan said.

We arrived at the house before I could respond and we entered the cool shade of the house that kind of reminded me of Tatooine because of the sandstone walls and the holes in the walls for the windows. 

The floor was made of out a smooth light coloured wood and there was two steps down into the living room which had brown couches with colourful blankets and pillows on it and a homemade wooden coffee table. Next to the living room, there were two steps back up to the kitchen which had a kitchen bench which had a smooth marble surface on the counter. To the right of the kitchen was a long wooden table with 10 chairs around it and there were many scraps and dints along the surface. Along the back wall, there were two doors and a staircase leading up in the middle of them.

"Your brother and sister are out at the moment trying to get some things from the market, they'll be back in the late afternoon," Elenor explained.

Her force presence radiated excitement but also nervousness and a bit of uneasiness, William had the same emotions but instead of uneasiness, there was a sense of pride and overwhelming happiness. 

"My sister?" Obi-wan asked with a confused tone.

"She was born quite sometime after you left, I think you would've been thirteen when she was born, she's 25 now," his mother explained.

Obi-wan nodded and drew his shields up a bit higher, blocking out his emotions slightly. I knew Obi-wan had a younger brother, Owen but I didn't know he had a sister and from Obi-wan's expression I knew he was completely shocked.

Elenor and William let us take showers and tend to our wounds which had healed a bit, Obi-wan's leg and sort of healed over but his ribs were still quite sore, my wrist was a bit sore but I could move it around with only a small amount of pain. We had used the bacta and gauze from the first aid kit they had and after a shower, I felt a lot cleaner and more relaxed even though I was still wearing my grimy Jedi Robes. Elenor brought us all upstairs and their room was on one side while a guest room was on the other, two single beds opposite each other pushed against the corner with side tables. After a quick argument, Ahsoka and Rex were sleeping on the beds while Obi-wan and I were sleeping on the floor. We went back downstairs and talked to Elenor and William for a while and I explained the parts of the ship that needed to be repaired until we heard Owen and Obi-wan's sister coming towards the door.

Elenor quickly got up and went out the door probably to warn them about Obi-wan being here, I sensed that both Obi-wan and William were nervous and I knew they both wanted to be alone for the reunion.

"We better get started on repairing the ship," I said standing up.

"Yeah, all the tools you should need are in the shed in one of the paddocks, if you need anything else you can just ask," William responded sending a warm smile in my direction.

"Thank you," 

I sent a look towards Obi-wan and through the force, he told me he'd be fine and we walked out the back door and as the back door shut I could hear the front door open and introductions begin.