IV

Anakin's POV

It was too quiet, over the past two years it was always bubbling with life and I almost always had something to do. But now that Ahsoka was gone it was weird and the whole Temple just felt dull, I was in my apartment and a thin layer of dust covered everything. Ahsoka was always up to spar or for some more training, she was restless like me but also enjoyed meditating every once in a while. Padme was in Naboo for a reason which I didn't know, she left the same day I did for Kamino so we didn't even say goodbye.

It was currently 7 pm and there wasn't much to do, Obi-wan had just finished teaching a class about the history of the force. I only recently found out that Obi-wan loved teaching those classes but since he was almost always away on missions he rarely got to teach one. But, if he was on Coruscant he'd always take up the opportunity to teach the new Padawans and Younglings about midi-chlorians and the history of the force.

I left my apartment and walked through the Jedi Temple hallways trying to find something to do, I saw Ahsoka's old class walking out of a classroom and then down another hallway and a part of me thought that Ahsoka was among them but I knew she was gone. I continued walking down the hallway nodding my head respectfully as I passed some Jedi Masters and looked ahead when Padawans and Younglings began whispering excitedly to their friends as I walked passed.

I found myself on the upper floors where it was usually quieter and practically deserted, I didn't know what I was doing up here but after a lot of thinking, I decided to just go down into the training rooms to let off some steam and practice. I walked towards the elevator but a door to my left opened and the Chancellor stepped out, he smiled when he saw me and I nodded respectfully back and stopped walking.

"Hello, your excellency," I greeted.

"Anakin! Just the person I wanted to see," he replied.

I followed him back into the room and he dismissed the guards, the doors shut behind us and the Chancellor sat back in his chair and I stood in front of the large desk.

"I heard about Ahsoka leaving the Order," he began.

"Yes, it was a surprise decision for most people," I replied carefully hiding away my emotions behind my shields.

"You showed a lot of faith in your padawan, her leaving must have taken a toll on you,"

"Naturally, but she said that the force was telling her it was the right decision,"

"Do you agree with her decision?" Palpatine asked.

I looked down at the ground contemplating what to say, Palpatine could see right through me if I said yes but it was very un-Jedi like to say my opinion on the matter.

"Anakin, I'm not the Jedi Council. I know that you're not like other Jedi, you let your emotions lead you and strengthen you. In my opinion, it's what makes you one of the best Jedi but I know the Council does not agree. You can tell me what's on your mind," he said breaking the silence.

"I think she made a mistake, she belonged with us and gave up so much to become a Jedi and she just threw it all away like it was nothing. But, we gave her no choice but to leave, the Council didn't trust her and then they expected her to come back and act like everythings fine," I explained leaning against an armrest of the chair opposite Palpatine.

"I understand what you're saying. The council always has it's problems with trust, most particularly with you. I believe that's why they didn't believe Ahsoka when she said she didn't bomb the temple," Palpatine said, "I overheard two Jedi Masters saying that Obi-wan was relying back information to the Council about what you and Ahsoka were planning while she was arrested,"

"What?"

"Forgive me dear boy, I didn't mean to plant a seed of doubt about Obi-wan. I don't know if the information was true but it certainly seemed like it," Palpatine sighed gravely.

I thought about the information that I had received, I thought Obi-wan was on my side throughout all this but I also knew that the Council loved to have people spy on each other as soon as they suspect the tiniest thing. A flicker of anger and betrayal flashed threw me but I quickly pushed it down behind my walls.

"I sense that the dark side clouds some of your vision," Palpatine states.

I opened my mouth to protest but Palpatine smiled and held up his hand.

"As you know I don't agree with many of the Jedi Orders rules, I believe that if someone used both the light and dark side they could end the war. The Jedi Order is too strict on the line between light and dark but the dark side holds power that could end the war. Where there is white and black there is also grey, I believe you will be the person to bring balance to the force," Palpatine explained.

"So you believe that if a Jedi went to the dark side then it could potentially end the war?" I clarified.

"In a way, of course, I disagree with the sith and their intentions but they hold power that could easily end the war," Palpatine responded.

I nodded slowly, I was confused but Palpatine did have a point. The light side never knew what the dark side was fully capable of.

"It's pretty late dear boy, I should be heading off," Palpatine said standing up.

"Of course, thank you, your excellency," I said bowing.

Palpatine nodded and I left the room, my mind was whirring none stop about what Palpatine had suggested. If a Jedi could stay on the light side but use the power of the dark side then we could potentially win the war, of course the Jedi Council would never allow it but the idea of it brought hope.

I went to my cold apartment and sat on the edge of the couch thinking about the idea more and more until I realised that the sun was coming up again. I sighed and fell back onto my couch, I knew this week was going to be anything but restful.