XLIII

Ahsoka's POV

We'd had been repairing the ship for a few hours now and I was beginning to get restless, the sun had gone down and the stars now filled the black sky and a slight chill seeped through the open fields and the grass blew slightly and the trees rustled and creaked slightly. Light flooded out from the windows of the house and if I focused I could hear laughter come from it every so often, Obi-wan's force presence was full of happiness and slightly care-free. 

Anakin was still working on the ship and Rex was trying to but I knew he didn't really know what he was doing. Rex was wearing borrowed clothes so he didn't have to wear armour and the black undersuit and it was strange seeing him in casual clothes without his helmet on but he suited it. I sighed loudly and flopped back down onto the grass outside the ramp and looked up at the bright stars, on Shili the stars were like this but I hadn't seen them in so long. Coruscant had too much light pollution for me to see the stars, even though I went on ships every other week nothing beats seeing the stars from a planet with no danger around.

"You alright, Snips?" Anakin asked.

"Yep, just tired from fixing the ship," I sighed.

Anakin looked at me thoughtfully and placed down his tools.

"Are you too tired for training or are you feeling up for it?" he asked.

I sat up straight and he grinned at me already knowing the answer. He stood up and walked further back into the ship, Rex placed his tools down and stretched while yawning.

"There's a bed in the ship, you can sleep if you want," I suggested.

"I'm alright Commander, I'd prefer to see a Jedi train than sleep," he replied.

Anakin appeared again carrying a stack of glass frames, the frame was made out of some type of metal and the glass was green and grimy.

"What are we going to do with those?" I asked standing up.

"We can't train with lightsabers right now because we don't want to cause anyone alarm, so, I'm going to teach you a new force technique, it's quite advanced but I think you'll get the basics quick enough," he replied placed the stack of frames down beside a tree.

Pride rose up in my chest at his comment and I smiled slightly, Anakin always liked to challenge me and give me advanced stuff every so often if he thought I could handle it. At first, I'd get frustrated if I couldn't do it but he'd tell me almost every time that he wouldn't try and teach me something that he didn't think I could do. He placed a glass frame in between two low branches of a tree and I stepped forward eagerly ready to learn a new force technique.

"Have you heard of shatter point?" he asked.

"Yes, Master Windu used it once when I was on a mission with him. I've been told that most Jedi don't bother learning it because they think it's useless," I replied.

"Well, I think that it could be an important skill for you to have, you never know when you might need it and I think you can handle it,"

I smiled at my Master and he nodded his head towards the glass frame that we rested against a branch.

"Have a go first," 

I hesitantly placed my palm against the glass and closed my eyes, drawing on the force around us and directing it towards the glass. I applied more force trying to get the glass to at least crack but after a few seconds I stepped back panting, I looked up at Anakin who nodded at me once.

"It was a good try, but with shatterpoint, you need to use a different technique," he said.

He picked up a green leaf from the ground and passed it to me, it was about the size of my hand and the edges were rough and jagged, it was quite strong and not very flexible which was surprising.