The Entrance Gala-Part 2

Hawk

When I was younger, I wished that I was born a dragon. I wished to spread my wings and drift through the air effortlessly. To be able to fly away from all of my problems. But it was moments like these that made me think that flying wasn't the most amazing thing in the world. Being with Rose felt better than anything. It made me feel like everything was perfect. Nothing could ruin the moment. The world was a better place when I was with Rose. Maybe that's why I didn't want to tell her the truth. I was scared that she'd reject me, leaving me with nothing but a broken heart and a world without any light. 

The music changed. The ambient music was replaced by a fun, fast paced song. That was my cue. I took a step away from Rose, who was glancing at the dancers behind me-Odette, Astoria, Shawn and Joy. Joy and Odette began to dance with long, graceful movements. As they moved into their turns, Astoria and Shawn began the dance that we'd come up with right after the entrance ceremony. I waited for the right moment... There! "Rose, will you dance with me?' I asked, taking her hand and lowering myself down on to one knee. "O-Of course!" Rose stuttered. We took centre stage, and I began to lead her through the dance of my dreams. 

We waltzed and swayed to the music, all eyes on us. Every move felt unreal, and her smile was blinding. As the music faded out, I took both of Roses' hands and looked her in the eye. "It's been four years since I first met you, Rose," I began. "Every day with you has been amazing. I've waited a long time to tell you this... But I've realised that I can't be 'just friends' with you anymore." Rose looked confused. "Because," I continued, "You're my princess. Will you let me be your prince?" My heart began to thud in my chest. "Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" cried Rose. 

"Great," I said, suddenly feeling stupid. "Great," replied Rose, looking just as flustered as I felt. For a long moment, there was just silence. Then, a lone cheer sparked a wildfire of celebrating students. Heroes' Hall echoed with roaring applause. Applause for us. With Rose, being this way din't feel like flying. It felt like soaring. This year was going to amazing. Nothing could stop Rose and I. We were stronger, more unified. This year was ours, and we were going to take it.

I know it's short (sorry!) but I promise the next part will be longer. Also, any of you Wings Of Fire Fans? let me know in the comments down below~! Hawk and Rose are finally together. But the year's about to start. Will all three of our fairy tale couples last-or fall apart? find out in the next chapter of Shattered!