Spies

Hawk

"Ready, you two?" Shawn looked over at us, uncertainty and determination mingling in his expression. Rose nodded, as did I. "That's good to hear. Now, obviously, the bottles I've given both of you contain invisibility potions. Make sure you drink from them every 3 hours-just a sip should work. And please, try not to get yourselves killed." And with that we were pulled into a bear hug by Shawn. "Now,drink up!" Rose and I each took a sip of the potion, shimmering out of existence. Shawn flicked his wand. Rose shimmered into existence in front of me. "I've just cast a spell that allows you to see and hear each other. Now, go to the Beast's quarters and work out what he's planning." Rose and I set off toward the north wing of the palace. 

"Hey, Hawk, are you... scared?" Rose asked as we stood next to the Beast's door. "I mean, for Travis. Is he really the guy in that room?" I pondered over what Rose had just said to me. It was no secret that I blamed myself for what was happening; Travis had acted out because of me. It was the ring I was giving to Rose that had caused all of this to happen. In my defense, however, I felt that the ring would keep me from losing Rose. I was never as bright as Astoria; I didn't know the other effects of the ring. The only information I had about it was that it would unite Rose and myself, meaning it could resurrect one of us if we died as long as the other was alive. It was a tricky piece of jewelry to obtain. I'd saved it from the rubble of the cafe, and it sat in my pocket. My only concern was that Travis' anger had caused his own peril.

The Beast walked out of his room, disappearing behind a corner. I nodded at Rose, who enchanted the door open and quickly slipped inside, dragging me along with her. Casting a well-placed spell to remove the noise made by the slamming of the door, Rose walked to the door and locked it. "There," she said, smirking triumphantly. "Oh-wow. Didn't think it would be this big..." We were greeted by a foyer five times the size of the one in Roses' room, but strangely empty-it could have passed for a ballroom. Rose pointed to the staircases. "D'you reckon we should check those out?" I nodded, walking up the first one with Rose. It led to an immaculately designed grand bedroom, with a curtained-off four poster bed, a wooden desk and chair set featuring lavish upholstery on the chair, and a conveniently shaped chandelier with freshly-lit candles placed in it. Towering windows stood behind curtains. A spherical device of some sort sat in the corner. "Pumpkin Magic!" Rose conjured something called a camera and hit a button on it. She went around the room, clicking the button in front of several different objects. I noticed some punch in a goblet on the table. I was just about to press it to my lips when Rose took the glass from me. "No, you will not." I smiled. Rose conjured some pumpkin juice and gave it to me. "There. Drink that." 

(The bedroom-I do not own the BG/artwork)

"Let's go check out the next staircase." Rose hurried down the stairs, and I took the time to slide down the banisters. Only thing I got out of that was a stern-faced Rose. "Jeez, loosen up, I am just having some fu-Ow!" Rose promptly smacked my head. "What was that for?" Rose glared at me. "Don't slide down the banisters. You might leave marks on them." I pouted. "When did you get so bossy?" Rose started breathing through her nose very loudly. "I am not bossy!" she yelled. "So shut up!" I smirked. "How many orders do you give a day?" Rose's brows creased. "Shut your trap!" I laughed. "There, that's one more." Rose was the one pouting now. "Well-that's only two!"