Love, Lies and Lament

Rose

The tall gleaming building stood over me threateningly, sleek obsidian walls jeering at me. I took a deep breath, pushing that thought out of my head and making my way to the front door. Just as I was about to knock, something bright caught my eye. Without a word, I leapt over the glimmering black fence, immediately wishing I hadn't. A sea of carved bones greeted me, encrusted with large, gleaming diamonds. Horrified, I noticed that the bones were all carved as roses. The columns of roses could be seen as far as the eye could reach, each one carved with such precision that only one person could have managed....

I ran to the fence, too scared to look back. And yet I was expecting it. Long, nimble fingers emerged on the monster's hands, a new, more beautiful, Ling Ling emerging slowly. Two hands grabbed me from behind, turning me around so slowly...

"Now now, Rose," he began, "Didn't anyone ever teach you not to come in unannounced?"

I know this  chapter is short.... but there's a lot of excitement to come in the next one, so stay tuned! Also shout out to @GumGame and @12pupyroses for reading and commenting! Thank you for getting this book to 500 reads!

Who turned Rose around? What's going to happen to her? And has Ling Ling been enchanted to switch sides? Find out in the next chapter of Shattered!