The Tables Have Turned, Astoria Rapunzel

Astoria

There was something about books that drew me to them. I didn't really think about it much before, but when Rose showed up, I began to question everything. I mean it-every little thing. Of course, I questioned my love for reading as well. What was it about flicking through the pages of a book that seemed so magical? All the knowledge, the history, the story... I felt like I'd been hit with a rush of adrenaline every time I picked one up. I thought about it while subconsciously storing all of the details about the Celestial Dragon's starblade power in the back of my head. I was convinced that Coach Beast would have us up against them today.

"Astoria, what are you reading?"asked Joy. Joy was honestly the sweetest, but I didn't have time to listen to her talk about those disgusting bugs that she found and ate. "Go away Joy, I'm busy,"I replied, before sticking my nose back in the book. I continued to read about Celestial Dragons until I realised what Joy had just said to me, which, for the first time in my life, caused me to drop my book in surprise.

"She REALLY said that?"Rose exclaimed. "Yes, Rose."I tried to reply calmly. "Pumpkin seeds! D'you think she actually meant it?" I took a deep breath. "I don't know. Which is why I want you to spy on her for me." Roses'eyes became as big as her PomPoms, and she began running in circles. "A spy. That is SO COOL!" she squealed. I shook my head at her, smiling, before clearing my throat. "Rose, stand still," Rose put her hands by her sides. "For a day to be invincible, make this princess invisible!"I chanted, with a flourish of my wand. "Pumpkin Seeds, Astoria! I'm INVISIBLE!" I growled in frustration before whipping out my wand again. "Tower Magic, I'll make it clear, today Roses' voice is something only she can hear!" There. Now Joy would never see-or hear Rose coming! 

Just as I left, Hawk came up to me. "Hey Astoria, have you seen Rose?" I held back my laughter before replying with "I don't know. It seems like she's disappeared." I subtly tried to push Rose away from Hawk. Nobody could know about Roses' secret mission.  "Why are you pushing air, Astoria?" Travis asked from behind Hawk. "I... was just imitating a Celestial Dragon's claw movements!"I stuttered, laughing awkwardly. "O..K?" We all burst out laughing.

Soon enough, we left for Coach Beast's class. "Alright class. Today, you will be up against one of the most mystical dragons to have ever existed-the Celestial Dragon!" I let out a sigh of relief. "However, since a lot of students are away today, you will not be working with your team. Today, it's you on your own.  In fact, you will go up against your present team members.The student with the best fighting technique and applied knowledge of the Celestial Dragon will pass with an A. Also, they will be the only one to pass." The students gasped. "Now, if your team has less than three present, please come to the front..." Coach Beast continued in the background, while we boarded our dragons and got changed into our Regal Armour.

After a series of failed attempts to fend against the Celestial Dragons' starblade powers, our team was called up. "Begin!" yelled Coach Beast. We all took to the air, not wanting to hit  one another, but still wanting that grade. Hawk prompted his dragon upwards. He dodged attack after attack from the Celestial Dragon, using his Mirror Shield to repel the ones he wasn't fast enough to dodge. it seemed as though Hawk was going to reflect the dragons' magic onto itself when a distant call, followed by a green zap, turned him into... a frog.

"Ha!" called Joy. She swooped upwards. What was Joy doing? Whatever it was, I had to stop her. 
"Tower magic!" I tried to capture her, but she was too fast. I was so distracted with trying to hit her that I didn't realise that Travis too had been turned into a frog-and promptly fallen off his dragon. I searched for Travis, scanning the ground for a glimpse of him. Nope. Too bad Ling Ling wasn't here today. She could've taken Joy in a heartbeat. 

I was scared now. Where had Travis fallen? Was he okay? He was much more important than my grade. I muttered a locator spell. I didn't want Joy to hear. My wand flew out of my grip and before long, it tapped a distant blob of green. I swooped down and caught my wand, before flying towards that blob. "Frog magic!" I fell through the air, with nothing to break my fall. I closed my eyes awaiting the ground... but it never came. Instead, when I did open my eyes, I found myself looking at a huge Joy. "The tables have turned, Astoria Rapunzel." That was the last thing I heard before I felt myself being flung into the air. After that, everything went black. 

Where has Astoria ended up-and why did Joy throw her away in the first place? Has Travis survived the long fall from his dragon to the ground-as a frog? And will Rose and Ling Ling, the only ones left who can actually do something-be able to save the day? Find out in the next part of Shattered!