Frog Fu

Astoria

"Astoria! Hullo?" I opened my eyes to find a huge Rose looming over me. Why did everyone seem so big to me? I blinked before replying to Rose. "Shawn, come un-frog Astoria!" Rose yelled. Oh my god. That explained why everyone was so... massive. Shawn leaned in... and before I knew it, I could see my legs again. "That was some gym session, alright," commented Rose to a confused looking Ling Ling. Hawk and Travis were both wearing stunned expressions. "Wait, Rose, how do you know the story?" Hawk asked, looking sceptical.

"I asked her to spy on Joy for the day. Rose was there the whole time. She was just invisible." I commented. "So why didn't we hear her?" Travis said. "Another spell," I dismissed the boys, turning to Rose, Ling Ling and... Shawn. I had to pinch myself every morning, just to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. Shawn was the most perfect kind of perfect. I mean, he was charming, funny, smart and resourceful... Just like myself, minus the funny and charming.

"Alright. Rose, I'm going to send you and Ling Ling to capture Joy. I'll turn you both invisible, and I'll have to come up with a spell to make your voices unheard to anyone but each other. Shawn, we need to go to the library and figure out how to counterattack Frog Magic." Shawn nodded. We both pulled our wands out and laid the enchantments on Rose and Ling Ling, who shimmered away from existence-just for a day.

Just as we were about to leave, an idea popped into my head. "Travis! Hawk!" As they turned around, I whipped my wand out, Shawn following suit. "Tower Magic, I don't want a leaf or log, turn these princes into frogs!" Shawn looked confused. I'd tell him later. "Boys, start practising your Frog Fu. I believe we're going to need it."

We walked up to the library, where I immediately sent locks of my ivy hair looking for books on frog Magic. Surprisingly, Shawn found the right book before my ivy hair could even pick out a book. The Art of Defeating the LeFrog family's Frog Magic. I began to speed through the book, telling Shawn all the details to write down. I also subconsciously stored all that information in the back of my mind. We were done within an hour. "C'mon, Astoria," said Shawn, taking my hand and dragging me away from my books.

"...So, we just learn the enchantment and that's it?" Hawk and Travis, now fairytale princes once again, bent over the parchment that Shawn had jotted the spell on. "Yes. Once you get the hang of it, you just have to turn your hand anticlockwise 180 degrees. It should work." We got to work, preparing to fight one of our own.

Soon enough, an expertly immobilised and tied up Joy was placed in front of them. "Positions!" I called. Shawn, Travis and Hawk stood ready on all three sides. With a flick of my wand, I made Rose and Ling Ling visible again. "Rose!" Hawk, ignoring everything that I'd told him to do, rushed forward and threw his arms around Rose. "I was so worried!" Rose laughed. "I can take care of myself, Hawk," she began, "But thanks for caring so much."

I cleared my throat. "If you two are done, can we deal with Joy now?" Hawk turned red, stepping away from Rose. "Sorry!" Once they had all taken their positions, I tapped the ropes around Joy with my wand. They began to unravel themselves, floating upwards before falling at my feet. "Joy. How could you?" I began. "We're a team, which means we stick together. Even if Coach Beast says otherwise." Joy  drew her wand. "I'm sick of you, Astoria." Joy sneered. "You act like you know EVERYTHING, but really, you don't. You didn't see the change that I was going through. I want revenge, one of you at a time. Starting with Shawn."

Joy moved closer to Shawn, until her wand was right under his chin. "See, Shawn, I don't think my Frog Magic really fits in the category of revenge, so I went ahead and mastered Void Magic. You'll disappear from existence the moment I want you to, and there is nothing you can do about it, and neither can Astoria." I stifled a gasp as Joy took a step back from Shawn. "Void Magic!" I couldn't bear to look. Shawn meant the world to me. What would happen if he left-for eternity?

Is Shawn gone forever? And, if so, will the rest of the team be able to combat with the dark and nefarious Void Magic that Joy has mastered? Find out in the next chapter of Shattered!