The Crystal Palace

Ling Ling

As we approached Bouffant Parade, thousands of people gathered around us, chanting "Long Live The Beast!" They showered the royal carriages with roses, daisies, petunias..... The noise, however, was infuriating. "Astoria! Shut the windows! Open the vents though, I want the fragrance of those flowers in the carriage." Astoria shut the windows subtly before opening the vents. Ah! What a fragrance! One that reminded me of him. The green haired boy was back in my head. Smiling, laughing, showering me with flowers..... Treating me like I was all that mattered. Would I really trade the love of the king of the land for the love of a clumsy and awkward boy? But Travis doesn't love me as much. His eyes don't sparkle when he sees me. I'm never his top priority, let alone me being all that matters to him. I wish I was. I wish he saw me in that way. I wish I wasn't in a one-sided love.

"Your Majesty, are you okay?" Joy looked concerned. "I am fine, Joy. It must be these horrible apples we're eating." Joy laughed, and I laughed with her. Despite her being a peasant, Joy was the only person I could communicate with. And she did have an excellent sense of humor. "We've arrived, Your Majesty," Astoria announced. "Please remain inside the carriage with Joy while I check for armed subjects." I nodded as Astoria leapt out of the carriage, pulling out her gun. The masses held their hands above their heads as each and every one was checked for weapons by the security force. After what seemed to be an eternity, Astoria walked back over to the carriage, her sunglasses pulled over her eyes. "All is clear. His Majesty shall be here momentarily-please wait within the carriage until he arrives from his carriage to escort you to the Crystal Palace."

The Crystal Palace! Travis and I would be the first monarchs to set foot in the gleaming castle made entirely of the rarest Mirror Crystals, with beds constructed from the most beautiful light crystals from the lands of the peasants, mattresses made with only the richest materials to be found, tested for comfort by the king himself, and pillows made with the down of the golden goose herself. Travis appeared, whisking open the door. "Come, Ling Ling." The two of us walked down an aisle made of flowers, bodyguards holding off our subjects. The Crystal Palace was not much further. I could see its beautiful structure appearing. As the two of us walked, the masses began to clear and soon, we stood at the steps of the palace.

Travis pushed open a door, revealing a gorgeous foyer made out of the finest diamonds in the land. A chandelier made from light crystals glistened above everything else. It truly was the centerpiece of the most exquisite room in history.  It was surprising, how ornately the foyer had been constructed, considering it was the peasants who had constructed it. 

Foyer of the Crystal Palace-I do not own this

"Shall we go to the throne room?" Travis asked, looking ahead. "Of course, my love," I replied,  flashing him a smile. Travis didn't look up. He just walked on. I sighed, wishing that Travis would smile at me once... just once.... But he never did. He kept his shoulders square and his chin up as he walked, stopping once in a while to look down his nose at the peasant maids bustling around the palace. I wondered if there was a real person within Travis at times. "Your Majesty." A young man swept himself into a deep bow. "The princess has arrived." Travis nodded. "She has not been detached, has she?" The page's brow creased. "Her blood has been brought with her." Travis nodded slightly. "Thank you. You may go now," he said, continuing on the path to the bedrooms. 

"Your bedroom," Travis announced, gesturing toward a grand en-suite, fringed with golden inlays, all glistening from the iridescent glow of a remarkable chandelier made from light crystals

"Your bedroom," Travis announced, gesturing toward a grand en-suite, fringed with golden inlays, all glistening from the iridescent glow of a remarkable chandelier made from light crystals. A bed thrice my size gleamed impressively, its golden bed frame flaunting satin sheets and a royal purple blanket. "Thank you, my lord." Travis nodded curtly and left me gaping at my new room. I should go and see where the servants are staying,  I  thought as I made my way to the east wing. I had heard that the servants directly serving the royals were to also be exquisite-they would, after all, be near the most important people in the lands. But still, Joy's room took my breath away.

The room had been carefully crafted, and even though the materials used to create it were relatively common, it looked splendid

The room had been carefully crafted, and even though the materials used to create it were relatively common, it looked splendid. Joy seemed to be writing a letter in the corner, perched on a wooden stool. She hadn't noticed me coming in. So when she saw me, she dropped her quill in surprise, shifting into a curtsy. "Your Majesty, how may I help you?" She beamed at me.... reminding me of the boy again. "I wish to know if you have met any green-haired boy in the past." I put my hands on my hips. "Well... yes." Joy sighed. "He was lovely, but so clumsy," Joy said, chuckling. I looked at Joy carefully. This boy sounded like the one that I thought of. "What was his name?" I asked, trying to keep my voice calm. My heart was racing, and I knew I was close to an answer. Joy looked nervous as she spoke. She looked down to the ground and wrung her hands together, her brow creasing into a worried expression. "His name.... was also Travis."

Now that Ling Ling knows that the boy in her head does exist, what will she do? And will Rose be able to escape somehow from her carriage with her blood? Find out in the next chapter of Shattered!

I hope you guys are enjoying the fast updates! 😄 Please continue to vote, comment and share this story with your followers! Also, please follow me for notifications on when new chapters are coming out AND exclusive content. If you have any theories on what will happen next, let me know down below! I have also been thinking of releasing a spin-off series to this one-Regal Academy: Legends. Let me know in the comments if you would like to see this happening! Also, any and all Greenhouse Academy fans, Chapter 1 of Death Trap, my Greenhouse Academy fanfic, is out NOW! Go ahead check it out 😉 Please stay safe & healthy,

-WatchMeWhip13, your author