The Dance of Our Dreams

Rose

"Rose? Ro-ose! Don't hog the bathroom, Rose!" Ling Ling knocked yet again. "I'm sorry-" I pulled on my jumpsuit."Still-" I patted down my hair. "Getting-" I slid into my heels. "Ready!" I stepped out of the LeFrogs' lilypad themed guest bathroom. Ling Ling sighed. "Finally. Rose you need to discipline yourself." I shot Ling Ling a dazzling smile. "Honey, I travel by dragon.". I took my purse, checking to make sure my wand was in it."There's no for discipline when you travel like that." Ling Ling groaned. "Well... Good luck for the Ceremonies test!" I yelled a 'thank you' at Ling Ling as I boarded my dragon. "Let's go!" 

Halfway through my flight, a blue dragon joined us. "Hey, you do remember you're going to need your dance partner for the dance test?" I smiled. "I knew you'd come by yourself. By the way, nice outfit." Hawk grinned. "I like your.....what's this called?" I laughed. "A jumpsuit. It's really popular back on Earth." We landed. "I doubt Granny will be pleased with my outfit choice." Hawk smiled. "Well, I think you look really nice." Hawk threw an arm over my shoulder, shooting me a grin. 

I smiled at him, noticing how the sun made his blue eyes sparkle. I remembered Joy's story of how Hawk had lost his humanity because of my death. How he'd somehow appeared along with me in an alternate universe, in which we were still dating. And thinking of just how much he meant to me and how much I meant to him..... the events that had taken place were all just reminders of how well we worked together. For a girl like myself, it was proof enough that it was love when he went mad upon my demise. 

"Welcome, class, to the Ceremonies Exam." Granny Cinderella smiled at all of us. Killing us with kindness. "Today, you and your partner will present your choreographed dance. Based on your technique, clothing and chemistry, you will either be passed or failed. The best dancers will receive exclusive access to Heroes' Hall for one night, where they may host a gala, party or any other event. Now, first up, we have Gerald Ugly Duckling and Odette Swan!" Team after team took to the stage, using their wands to convert their outfits to elegant gowns and suits before beginning their waltzes. Granny Cinderella watched each duo carefully, occasionally pausing to take notes on their performance. 

"And our last pair. Hawk Snow White and Rose Cinderella!" The two of us took the stage, waving our wands to reveal our outfits. The clothing we'd chosen was simple and subdued. It was inspired by Earthly clothing, which was fresh and light. My dress was made of a delicate pink chiffon, draped down with a high-low design for its hem. Hawk wore a matching pink shirt with white slacks. The idea was to let the chemistry between the two of us and the choreography hero the dance. The outfits were more of a support of the ideas that had gone into the dance. It was a slow paced, balllet inspired routine.

 It was a slow paced, balllet inspired routine

(Rose)

(Hawk)

(Hawk)

The music began and the two of us came closer, Hawk behind me with his hands holding mine. "You know I want you...." We began the dance, and soon enough, the whole world had melted away. It was just the two of us and the music. We moved through the dance easily, as if it were a second nature, with eyes only for one another. Every lift, every turn and every twirl was perfection. A dance like this brought the two of us together as one. "All I want is to fly with you..." I leapt into the air, spreading my wings. With Hawk, I felt like I could do anything at all. I could fly to the highest mountain and dive down to the very bottom of the lowest trench. "We're bound to break and my hands are tied..." The music trailed off and the two of us stood there, holding one another. 

The room burst out into applause and wolf-whistles. "Beautiful! Oh my!" Granny Cinderella wiped a tear from her eye. "I think we have our winners!" She presented the key to us, which I took, smiling, as the class burst into another round of applause. Hawk closed the gap between us, bringing his lips to mine. The perfect ending to a perfect story. 

"Nicely done, guys!" Shawn fingered the key. "What kind of event are you going to host?" Astoria cleared her throat. "You should host a conference. That's bound to be good for your grade." Hawk shushed Astoria. "No. Way. We're not throwing a boring old conference. I mean, where's the fun in that?" Astoria scowled before settling back down with her book. "Wait! I know!" This was a great idea. "Back on Earth, we have proms." Astoria looked up from her book. "Oh, yes, prom. That was covered in-" Joy shushed Astoria. "Well.... why don't we have one here?" Hawk stood up. "That's a great idea!" He stood on top of the table. "We're having a fairy tale prom at Heroes' Hall next week!" 

He stepped off the table. "Well, let's go plan a prom."