The Unpredictable Future

Hawk

I stared at my quill, willing it to write something, anything, down onto the parchment. Nothing seemed to come to mind. It seemed like such a simple question, yet proved to be so hard to answer. What did I really want to do with my future? Would I just live in a castle like my parents? Or would I go and make my own place in the world? What could I contribute? What could I do to change the world in my own way? "Hawk, those words aren't going to write themselves." Astoria nudged me gently in the stomach. "At this point, I wish they did," I replied.

Rose reached over, taking my hand in her own. "Just speak from the heart, Hawk. Instead of thinking about what you want to be, maybe write about how you feel when you think of that question." I nodded, smiling. "Thank you, Rose. With you, I don't need a quill to write the answer. You're the answer to all my questions." Rose blushed slightly. God, I loved that girl. I'd been to alternate realities with that girl. Through a spell and back. Every time she looked at me, hugged me, smiled at me.... Every moment with Rose was like a small spell, making me feel tingly and special every time. 

If there was one thing I definitely knew about my future, it was that I wanted to stay with Rose. I dipped my quill in some ink, beginning to write.

.....

"Okay, time's up! Please send your parchments to the front." We all sent our papers forward. "I'll be sure to add these to your applications for a fairy tale university. I looked over to Rose, who seemed strangely uncomfortable. I decided I would talk with her after the ceremony. "So, Hawk, what are you going to do?" Shawn asked as we walked out of the hall. "Well, I... don't know. I just know that I want happiness, peace and comfort." I looked over at my girlfriend, who was fidgeting with a loose strand of her golden hair. 

"And I want it with Rose." Rose beamed. Shawn smiled. "Well, I think I'm going to stay here. I want things to be different around here. I intend on fixing things." I nodded. "What about you, Travis?" Travis fidgeted. "Well, I've actually.... I've decided to leave the fairy tale world for good." We all gasped. Well, all of us but Ling Ling, who was just strangely calm. "There's just been so much chaos, so many problems... I found life back on Earth so much easier. I want to go back to the security of that."

Rose nodded in understanding. Ling Ling decided to speak up. "I'm going with him." More gasps ensued. "I love Travis. I wouldn't leave him for anything." A new light sprung up in Ling Ling's eyes. "I would also love to watch those John Wick movies Travis says are quite good." Rose let out a laugh. My eyes landed on hers. She looked extremely worried, almost anxious, about something. "You okay, Rose?" Rose nodded, frowning. "What's wrong?" Astoria asked softly. Rose let out a sigh that she'd clearly been holding back. 

"Well lately, I've been leaning toward Earth as well." Astoria's eyes widened, no sounds or words escaping her mouth, as did mine. "I... I just want to have a normal life, you know? I want love, I want happiness, I want some sense of, well, normal in my life. And I think that would mean leaving this behind." She turned to look at the Academy. "The place where I made so many great memories." She turned to the arena. "Where I had so many adventures." She looked down at her feet before turning to us.

"Well, I'm starting to think that I'll have to leave you guys behind too." What? My heart must have shattered right there on the spot. She'd looked into my eyes as she said it. Did she really want it to end? "But-Rose-" She stopped me with a kiss, making me forget all my worries and problems altogether. "Hawk, I love you." She turned away from me. "That exactly why I have to let you go." She sprinted off, whistling for her dragon and flying away. 

.....

"Rose?" My voice rung out through the canyon. "Rose? Where are you?" My eyes found a blue-pink dragon soaring through the sky, it owner urging it to fly faster. I pulled on the straps, putting on a burst of speed. "Rose? I just want to talk." Our dragons were now neck to neck. "I'm sorry." She veered in front. I struggled to catch up. "Rose, if you want to go, then that's fine. But why do you have to leave me too?" Rose sighed. "Because you can't change your plans to come with me. That's not fair." She zoomed off. I caught up with her.

"Rose, I know you think that I have my whole life laid out for me. But I don't. I really don't. I'm as lost as anyone here, and the only thing I know I want is to stay with you." I paused. Was this the right decision? "In fact, if you go to Earth... I will come with you."

Will Hawk really sacrifice a fairy tale future to be with Rose? What will Rose decide? Find out in the next chapter of Shattered!

Hiya readers,

Hope you enjoyed that update-I certainly loved writing it for you! Please follow me so that you can find out about the new writing timetable and any changes that are made to it. Also check out my new zodiac books, Zodiac Paradise and Zodiac High. The Ending is also coming back-look out for that! Concept trailer for Chapters 11-20 coming soon! Also, please recommend zodiac books to me!

-WatchMeWhip13