Devon Palace

Rose

I took the boys' hands, bringing my whole body to focus on the castle. I pushed my mind past the 12 foot tall dark oak doors, closing my eyes and letting the visions flood my head. Ignoring the distant tremors of the boys sinking to their knees beside me, I cast my sight through the dimly lit corridors and the eerily empty ballroom. Reaching into the last vestiges of my mind, I pushed on into the master bedroom, memorizing the sights, smells, sounds..... "AAAHHHHHHH!" I abruptly let go of the boys' hands and looked down to see Hawk sprawled on the ground, writhing in pain. "Stop it... Stop it... Stop....." His eyes flickered shut. "Rose? What's wrong with him?" I sighed deeply. "He wasn't calm. It's nothing a quick consciousness spell won't solve though." I tapped Hawk's chest gently with my wand. Within a matter of seconds, he was back on his feet, scowling ferociously.

"Rose! What were you doing?" he whisper-yelled. I smirked. "Well, I was mapping the palace and Travis was as well while you were busy whinging about the pain." Hawk's scowl grew even more menacing. "Well you just sprang it on me! What was I meant to do, Rose? I was suddenly pulled from where I was but not quite, I didn't even understand what was happening-" I stopped him, bringing my lips down onto his. And even though I hadn't intended for the kiss to sweep me of my feet, it did. All I could think about was Hawk's lips on mine, his hands cupping my cheeks, the gentle tingling sensation slowly spreading across my body.... I hastily pulled away, clearing my throat. Hawk smiled dreamily like a man in a daze. "Honestly you two, get a room!" Travis was smiling. 

"Well, let's go then, hmm?" I slid into the palace alongside Hawk and Travis behind a blonde haired woman wearing a black chiffon blouse with skintight leather pants, following her up to her suite which turned out to be the master bedroom. Hiding ourselves under the covers of her four poster, we waited and listened, waited and listened...I caught a glimpse of her laced up leather ankle boots. "Fred. You have no place here anymore." I noticed her thick European accent. The woman began to walk away. "Oh, Richelle, I'm sure you missed me...." I noticed a pair of black leather shoes next to Richelle's feet. "It does not matter whether or not I missed you. You left me all alone when I needed you most." Fred sighed. "I left because it was dangerous for me to be near you back then, my love. I did it for your own safety."

The woman was seething. "Well you could have told me that, Frederick! I spent 3 years working my way through the pain and heartbreak you caused me. Raised our son alone! And to find out you did it for my safety when you told me on that ill-fated summer's eve that you no longer loved me? Well, it was horrifying." Fred sighed. "Richelle, I did not mean to hurt you, dear. But I do realise that my disappearance was ill timed.  They wanted to kill you, capture you, drain you of your blood... I couldn't allow that to happen." Richelle sighed. "I understand, Fred, but I still do not know why you could not tell me!" Fred sighed. "I apologise. Now where is my son?" Richelle's feet shifted. "ELIJAH!" A third pair of feet appeared at the door. "Mommy, who's that?" Richelle bent down, scooping up the little boy. 

"That's your father." Elijah let out a gasp. "D-daddy?" Fred moved closer to Richelle. "Yes. Daddy." Richelle passed Elijah over to Fred, turning unexpectedly toward the bed. "We have visitors." And in a heartbeat, we were being pulled out from under the bed by some mysterious force. Richelle stood in front of us, her tall and athletic figure seeming so much bigger. "What are you doing here?" 

Is Richelle the warlock? How is she related to Reilyn? Find out in the next chapter of Shattered!

Hi again everyone :) I'm so sorry for not updating the book. I've been busy on my collab book The Ending (if you love this book, you'll definitely want to check that one out.) I'm also really sorry that this chapter is so short.... I just wanted to end on a cliffhanger like I usually try to. I promise I'll have the next chapter up in a week! Thank you for your ongoing support of this series. Thanks to all the people who have followed me (if you haven't followed me, please do) also thanks for the comments :) I'll give someone a shoutout next chapter, so please do keep supporting this book because it's not quite done yet! Stay happy, healthy and... um, I forgot what I used to write here,

-WatchMeWhip13(your author)