Third Wheeling

Joy

I looked down at myself, greeted by thin air. "Well... what are we waiting for?" came Travis' voice. I instinctively tilted my head to look at him, one again met by nothing but air. "Let's go!" Astoria's voice began to drift further away as she walked off. "Wait!" Ling Ling said from somewhere near me. "How will we know where everyone is?" Someone flicked their wand. I watched as Travis, Astoria and Ling Ling came back into view. "Let's go!" Astoria whistled for her dragon, pulling herself up. "Tower Magic!" The rest of us were bound to it by invisible vines. "The dragons will get confused if we all ride our own," Ling Ling explained to a confused looking Travis. "Astoria's dragon can see her, Travis," I added. We took off, flying straight to Hansel and Gretel's cafe.

"Here we are, everyone!" Astoria jumped off her dragon in one graceful movement before flicking her wand and releasing us from the vines. We hurried away, careful not to bump into anyone, as we made our way through the town square. I cast a sideways glance at Ling Ling. She looked absolutely perfect, even in her casual clothes.

 She looked absolutely perfect, even in her casual clothes

I sighed quietly. Why did looks matter so much anyways? Rose and Ling Ling were the prettiest girls I'd ever seen. They were both so admired, respected, celebrated... Sometimes I wondered if that was because they were beautiful. I pushed that thought away. Me getting jealous of Rose and Ling Ling had already caused so much to go wrong. Besides, I couldn't say that I was ugly anymore... After Astoria helped me wash out the green the swamp had put in my hair, I'd started to use makeup that was original, not a copy of what the others did.

 After Astoria helped me wash out the green the swamp had put in my hair, I'd started to use makeup that was original, not a copy of what the others did

"Joy?" Ling Ling's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Let's go in." A man opened the door. We all snuck in, making sure we didn't touch anyone. "Rose....There!" Travis pointed to a table where two people sat-one with blue hair and another with blonde.

There!" Travis pointed to a table where two people sat-one with blue hair and another with blonde

(Rose-she picked this outfit for the date at the Earth mall with Joy)

(Hawk-Kaito Shion via Pinterest)

"...Wow." Travis looked at Hawk as he took Roses' hand and pit something on it. "WHAT?" Astoria yelled before we could stop her. Luckily, Hawk and Rose were caught up in the moment. They didn't notice. "That was a vow ring!" Astoria whisper-yelled. "The ring symbolises a happy couple who are honest, faithful and loving toward each other. Likely to marry, be a king and queen." Astoria's voice wavered. "However, if the ring is taken off, it must be broken or else the two will never speak again."

"NOOO!!!" Hawk and Rose seemed to be pushed back... Wait. Travis. He'd obviously gotten in the way! "What was that?" Rose turned, seeing nothing but air. "Come and face me, attacker!" Hawk clenched his fists. "It was me." Travis stepped out into the light. He'd counteracted the invisibility spell, because Rose and Hawk could see him. "That's right. It was me."

What's going to happen next? Has Hawk already gotten the ring on Rose? Find out in the next chapter of Shattered! All Love Nikki looks are mine, however the Kaito Shion work is from Pinterest.