one

it's a breezy sunday morning, when the wind blew calmly, hitting seungcheol's face lightly as he took a deep breath while closing his eyes in the middle of the car's porch. that morning, seungcheol and a couple of his friends have planned to go on a hike in a woods together.

"guys, come on! we're gonna be late if you guys took an eternity just to get ready!"a man around 5 feet tall shout from in front of the doorway while fixing his rucksack's strap on his broad shoulder.

"yoohoo! im coming jihoonie baby!"

seungkwan, a chubby cheeks man wave his hand in a dramatic way while pulling down his sunglasses on his head. he also known as the most optimistic person among his friends and everyone around him would probably gets comfortable around him since he is a very friendly person.

seungcheol shakes his head while grinning seeing his friends' hilarious behaviour while opening the car's trunk to place their rucksacks."why are you wearing sunglasses? it's too early for the sun to rise, for god's sake!" jisoo retort while knotting his shoelaces. "where is mingyu anyways?" jisoo asked while glancing at the front door of their house.

"oh, he is in the toilet. he got stomach ache after eating seungcheol's butter cookies yesterday." jun replied after placing his rucksack in the trunk and combing his hair bangs in front of the windshields, which act as a mirror for him.

"my cookies? no way! my cookies is the best cookies in the whole universe!"

suddenly, mingyu popped up in front of the doorway while clutching his upset tummy to ease the pain. seungcheol took his backpack from his gripped and help him place it in the trunk.

"do you think you can join the hike with us? you seems very pale...?" seungcheol questioned concernedly because if what jun said was true about his cookies, that means he is at fault. mingyu shook his head in disapproval and plastered a grin on his pale face.

"don't worry! im fine. come on, let's go shall we?" mingyu replied, eventhough his intestine felt as if it has been twisted into a knot.

they hopped on the car while waiting for seungcheol to lock the front door of their house. seungcheol then hopped on the driver's seat and turned on the engine.

"i can't wait! the place must be very uh-may-zing! finally, i get to appreciate the nature after almost half of the year making assignments non-stop!" jisoo chuckles while strapping the car's seatbelt around his tone waist.

jihoon who is sitting on the passenger's seat beside seungcheol snort in a very nuisance way. "i bet once you stepped in the woods, the woods will get burn and turned into speck of dust!"

"you're so mean, shorty!"

"hey! at least i have a long dic-"

"stop it, you nasty!"

seungcheol cuts off before both of them being more ridiculous towards each other.

jihoon pout and crossed his arms over his chest while seungkwan, who sat beside jun, showed him a picture of a duck on his phone, and whisper to jun saying it looks similar to jihoon's pouty lips.

"hey you freak! i heard that!" jihoon exclaimed while giving a death glare to seungkwan and jun who is covering his mouth to avoid his laughter from bursting out.

"urm, seungcheol, i think it's better if we go now, because im afraid the car will explode anytime soon." mingyu who sat beside jisoo gave a sarcastic yet useful suggestion.

"i think we should too."

🔪

3 hours later, they arrived their destination and they immediately get out of the car to stretch their body, after 3 hours sitting in a car. seungcheol threw his look at his surroundings to witness that the woods was very franquit and serene.

he could hear birds chirping, which he assumed came from almost every grove of trees in the woods. he was a bit startled when jun slung his arms over his shoulders. "let's take a picture before we start the hike."

seungcheol just nodded his head and stand beside seungkwan who is munching his potato chips that he brought along.

"where do you even get those?" seungcheol chuckles while shaking his head. "well, of course i will bring along my lover!" seungkwan stated, referring the chips as his 'lover'.

seungkwan and food will never be separated until the world is ending. "are we gonna take pictures tomorrow or next week?" mingyu asked in sarcasm, because seungkwan asked them to take pictures together, but he ended up talking about his freaking potato chips.

seungkwan rolled his eyes while licking his fingers that coated with chips. mingyu, who is the tallest, was incharged to take a selfie using jun's phone since he has the longest arms among all of them.

"say cheese!!!"

chal-kak.

"oh. my. god! i look so hot!" jun said while flipping his non-existent long hair after looking at their pictures.

"geez. you are so full of yourself wen junhui." jisoo said while play-punch jun's chest. as soon as they took the pictures, they grabbed their rucksacks, and slung it over their shoulders.

while the other busy taking their belongings, jun opened his gallery and checked their pictures and his eyebrows started to furrow in complete confusion.

in the background of the picture, there is a man, wearing a clown mask in a black colour hoodie, but unfortunately, jun can't see it clearly because the picture is quite blurry.

he zoomed in the picture and shock to see the man in the background was holding a knife...?

and the knife was coated with dry blood...?

is it blood?

he don't know.

jun threw his glance at the place where he saw the eccentric looking man, in their pictures, but he saw nothing apart from grove of trees behind him.