twenty seven

"guys, what's happening? why did the lights went off?" jeonghan questioned anxiously before he could get out of the basement. the basement was so dark that they can barely see each other. "im scared." was all mingyu could say while hugging wonwoos arm in the dark.

"me too." wonwoo replies. while jeonghan was trying to get down the stairs using his sense, he stepped on the wrong feet and stumbled down the stairs. "owww!" he hisses in pain while clutching his ankle. "hyung, what happened?" chan asked worriedly while searching for his brother.

"does anyone had a phone?" chan asked. "no!! mine is upstairs!" wonwoo groaned.

"i left mine on the table!"

"mine is in my bag!"

"my phone has drained out of battery!"

that means no lights, only darkness. while jeonghan is massaging his ankle lightly, he realized that something is gone.

the diary.

"shit!" he groaned and started looking for it. seungcheol, on the other hand, was wandering in the basement to look for the torch to help them. unfortunately, he felt hot breath behind his neck, making him jolt in surprise while screaming in fear.

"argh!!! who's that?!!!!" he yelled while turning around, but he could sense that no one is there. "seungcheol, what's wrong?" seungkwan asked when he heard seungcheol's voice booming from across the basement.

" err, nothing..."

jeonghan was still on his hands and knees, diligently looking for the diary. gotcha!!  "how long are we gonna stay here?" minghao asked frustratedly. "we can get out of here if you want, but-" before seokmin could say any further, the basement door was slammed shut leaving them in fear.

"great! now we are trapped!" seokmin groaned frustratedly. chan, being a genius, was attempting to find the stairs albeit the darkness in the basement. when he found the door, he thumped it roughly in order to open it but to no avail. "fuc-"

"NO CURSING!" jeonghan and jisoo exclaimed in sync from across the stairs. chan just rolled his eyes in annoyance and continued whacking the wooden door. "oh come on!" chan recites with a high hope while kicking the door as hard as he can while balancing himself by the railing.

suddenly, there is someone tapped his shoulder lightly from behind while handing him a dusty metal hammer. "you need this bro." wonwoo said. "thanks hyung." chan replied while beaming. "but... we will destroy our floor..."

"it doesn't matter, silly! as long as we can get out of here!" wonwoo replied making chan shrugged nonchalantly and started throbbing the woods with all his wills. a few banged from him, making the woods cracked a bit making him smile in victory.

chan pulled the woods harshly and eventually, the door has opened. "bro, you're awesome!" wonwoo said while patting chans back. "thanks! but we should find the power crate upstairs to turn on the main switch. can you accompany me?"

chan asked wonwoo with a pleading look making wonwoo nodded his head in advance. both of them clambered up the stairs leaving the others behind and strolled towards the kitchen to look for the power generator beside the refrigerator.

"channie, could you grab the chair beside you?" wonwoo asked while pointing his finger towards the chair beside chan. chan being the youngest, obeyed his brother's words and immediately placed the chair beside wonwoo making him automatically climb up the chair to switch on the switch in the power generator.

"voila! everything is under control!" wonwoo said clapping his hands with excitement while getting down from the chair as soon as the lights on. but everything that wonwoo has just said was an inaccurate prediction. not everything is under control yet.

when both of the siblings wanted to head to the basement once again, thats when they were shocked to hear loud screams from their companions.

both of them shared a horror look before saying,

"WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THEM?!!"