Ch. 39 - New Beginnings?

woo! another chap!
-C.W.
——————————————————————————
Roselyn

"So let me just get this story straight." Iris said shifting to sitting indian style, "Your mates to the Blood Alpha who is now apparently dead because his wolf took over his body permanently. He's granted us our freedom but you can't leave because he branded you to keep Logan from killing you?"

"Yup. Sounds about right." I said.

"That's a bunch of bullshit." Iris growled.

I let out a laugh. "Technically Blade hasn't permanently taken over his body, that's impossible. But he said I get to decide when Logan gets to come back."

Iris smacked her hand down her face. "Again I say bullshit. I don't think Blade, Logan, Blood Alpha-whatever he goes by will change a damn thing."

She slumped back into the wall kicking the blanket on top of her.
It's been 2 days since the attack and since Logan was...banished by his inner wolf... into his own body?

I still didn't understand how that's technically possible but I guess Blade is making it work. I always thought he was the one orchestrating Logan's cruel and out of tone behavior but just these past 2 days have proven to me that he isn't.

He's been very sweet and kind and generous to everyone. He's forgiven Henley's pack, given them the supplies to start up on their own again and will be giving their moonstone tonight.

He even allowed the women and children who were hiding back at the camp to stay on our land.

I couldn't go with them, seeing as my mark was a reminder that I couldn't. I hadn't even asked Iris if she was going with them, I had wanted her to stay but I didn't want to influence her decision.

Plus, I didn't even know if it was possible that she could go. James was her second chance mate, he lived here and he was the top Beta so I didn't know if it was possible that she could leave.

I hadn't told her about him, I assumed that her inner wolf Vera had figured it out that her mate was apart of the pack but Iris didn't mention anything.

James had also steered clear of us both I. I saw him once going to the council house but he didn't look at me, it was actually hard for Dark Eclipse to even look my way.

Sometimes I caught them looking and they would have guilt written on their faces then quickly look away. I remembered fuzzy details, the marking, my panic attack, Harper injecting me with wolfsbane because Rae was pissed.

Then me waking up to Blade telling me everything and his plan to make things right. I still didn't trust him, he had to earn that but that doesn't mean I didn't at least give him a chance.

He let me stay in the guest house with Henley's pack, informed me with updates and was at my door every day wishing me a good morning and good night. Iris hadn't met him which I was glad about because she wanted to rip his head off.

Rae was wishy washy, she would compliment his looks and his strength then call him a 'f*cktard piece of sh*t.'

My inner wolf was truly something else.

'But you love me despite my vengeful ways.' She winked in my head.

I giggled. 'Yes I do. I'm grateful to have an interesting, but wonderful wolf to help me.'

'Aw girl.' She fake cried, 'Your going to make me cry.'

I looked at the alarm clock on the dresser. It was almost 6, that's when Henley's pack would be getting their moonstone back and leave forever.